Clutch Lever Mod.

4 replies to this topic
  • Scott_in_KC

Posted March 06, 2002 - 03:15 AM

I know there has been a lot of talk about modifying levers or getting Raptor levers. I just modified mine, lubed it with TriFlow and there is a world of difference in pull! Here are a few pics.

http://photos.yahoo....h Lever&.view=t

I used a 21/64 bit to drill the large hole for the barrel, then like an 1/8" bit to elongate the cutout for the cable to slide through. Be sure to lube the cable AND the barrels on both ends of the cable, as well as the lever. I then moved the lever perch in on the bars more to get more leverage on the pull.

Best of all it's a free, easy mod.

• bonez34

Posted March 07, 2002 - 08:22 PM

Come on, it can't be that hard can it? Just spend a little more time in the shower with your little friend and the clutch pull will be nothing.

P.S. you must use the left hand. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:31 AM

The only problem is it takes a long time to get there via the shower method, especially if you're right handed :)

• Scott_in_KC

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:20 PM

hmmm, you may be on to something....perhaps hand lotion would work better than TriFlow?

• bonez34

Posted March 08, 2002 - 07:23 PM

:)

If you had only been taught to twist instead of stroke, you'd be a motocross champion by now!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.