What is a "Deval Lowering Link" 03' XRL650

3 replies to this topic
  • xrberg

Posted August 26, 2007 - 07:32 AM

just curious what a Deval Lowering Link is.. ? I did a google searcha dn found nothing. I'm 55 and find it hard to tho my leg over the old bike. Is this a mod for the old boys so we can get on?................or can I just relax ther rear spring some to lower it a bit?
I rode 50 miles hard trail yesterday with my son up against his YZF 450 and had a ball. The only problem is that height.. I about fell over each time gettin on of off taht beast. .

thanks..

• AtomicGeo

Posted August 26, 2007 - 08:24 AM

just curious what a Deval Lowering Link is.. ? I did a google searcha dn found nothing. I'm 55 and find it hard to tho my leg over the old bike. Is this a mod for the old boys so we can get on?................or can I just relax ther rear spring some to lower it a bit?
I rode 50 miles hard trail yesterday with my son up against his YZF 450 and had a ball. The only problem is that height.. I about fell over each time gettin on of off taht beast. .

thanks..

You misspelled on the Google search... try "Devol" lowering link. You get about a 1.5" drop on the seat height after getting it in. It helped me alot going from a 37" seat height to 35.5".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • radbrad48

Posted August 26, 2007 - 09:44 AM

I just put one on my 2007 and it lowered it 1 inch in the rear and then I dropped the forks 1 inch. Instead of being on my tip toes when I stop, I am on the balls of my feet. It helped me a lot. Go to www.devolracing.com and you can order direct from them. Don't do the spring thing.

• radbrad48

Posted August 26, 2007 - 10:05 AM

Oh ya, forgot to tell you that you will need a press to get the bearings out of the old link to put in the new one. They are in there tight.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.