ok, new around here; and don't have a shop manual (yet)...

9 replies to this topic
  • jjnord

Posted August 25, 2007 - 06:13 PM

I'm putting in LED bulbs and have a new flasher relay too...problems...where is the flasher relay??:bonk:

thanks!

• jjnord

Posted August 25, 2007 - 11:02 PM

come on guys:banghead:
over 20 views on this now and NO ONE out there has a service manual and willing to take a couple of minutes to look this up...please??:cry:

• XR 650

Posted August 26, 2007 - 01:47 AM

come on guys:banghead:
over 20 views on this now and NO ONE out there has a service manual and willing to take a couple of minutes to look this up...please??:cry:

up front of the steering column.

• gaiiin

Posted August 26, 2007 - 02:04 AM

hey there:p , you can download the manual herehttp://194.19.84.6/xr/:thumbsup:

• IMNXNYR

Posted August 26, 2007 - 02:05 AM

If you're referring to a xr650l, the turn signal relay is mounted on the bottom right side of the headlight stay. You should be able to get access to it by removing the headlight/number plate assembly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted August 26, 2007 - 11:41 AM

I'm putting in LED bulbs and have a new flasher relay too...problems...where is the flasher relay??:bonk:

thanks!

i read a thread here that said with the led turn signals you need a special flasher and have to remove the bulbs in the "dash" turn indicators. i will try to find that thread.

• martinfan30

Posted August 26, 2007 - 11:45 AM

see rockjockeys post on the second page.

http://www.thumperta...ed turn signals

• jjnord

Posted August 30, 2007 - 04:23 PM

ok, well I tried the Kragen electronic variable flasher=no workie, or I ordered the unit from Procycle.com. Now light flash, but like hazards; both sides at the same time. SOooo, I guessing now I need to either remove the turn signal light bulb or cut it's wire. Does anyone happen to know a "easy" way to get to the bulb? It looks like it will be a bit of a PITA.:excuseme:

• focallength

Posted September 08, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Just a little 411 it helps to list the year and model and engine size. As the wiring for a L model and a R model is vastly different as is a 500-600-650. Also, a manual is one of the first things you should buy, they are only $30. Good luck :thumbsup:

• pigryder

Posted September 08, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Ok heres what I did, I put in an electronic flasher, next installed resistors 10ohm I think and instead of removing the dash indicator I gounded one side of the socket and placed a diode so it wouldnt back feed and works awesome, kinda of hard to explain but I got led turnsignals front and rear and the indicator works :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.