WR muffler on a YZ

8 replies to this topic
  • KAS

Posted August 25, 2007 - 11:43 AM

Has anybody done this?

I just brought my YZ450F home. Holy buckets, its loud! I figure I could find stock WR muffler somebody has taken off for a good deal, if it would work ok.

• mr426

Posted August 25, 2007 - 01:11 PM

i think it will fit, the yz and wr use the same aftermarket exhaust part numbers. it will cork it up though and you might need to re jet it.

• rexbond007

Posted August 25, 2007 - 02:16 PM

wr muffler is a little more restrictive..

guys put yz mufflers on their wr's to get more hosepower.

• cowboyona426

Posted August 25, 2007 - 05:36 PM

Don't put a WR can on your YZ, a quiet pipe will give better performance and weigh less. Nearly everyone offers them now, the ones I seem to hear the most good about are the FMF's and Leo Vince's.
OT- where in OR are ya?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodswr

Posted August 25, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Has anybody done this?

I just brought my YZ450F home. Holy buckets, its loud! I figure I could find stock WR muffler somebody has taken off for a good deal, if it would work ok.

Don't use the Wr pipe, it is way to restrictive. I just took one off of mine and used the yzf can.

• fatchellparty

Posted August 25, 2007 - 06:15 PM

it will be quieter but have way less power, it has a AIS system i believe, i think that lets air into it somehow to decrease the emissions. someone please correct me if im wrong lol.

• grayracer513

Posted August 25, 2007 - 07:02 PM

You're wrong. :excuseme: The WR450 has an AIS, but it isn't an integral part of the exhaust system.

• KAS

Posted August 25, 2007 - 08:20 PM

OT- where in OR are ya?

Coos Bay.

• KAS

Posted August 25, 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'm really not too worried about losing a couple ponies on a 450.

It just needs to be more quiet.

I think I might look into a Leo Vince. My buddy has one on his '07 and has passed 96dB sound tests.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.