GLAMIS

2 replies to this topic
  • omnivortex

Posted March 05, 2002 - 04:56 PM

I normally ride at about 2500 - 3000 ft in the Cal city / el mirage areas. I am going to Glamis next weekend and it will be the first time I have ridden my WR 426 in the dunes. (Normally its my 00' YZ 250) I am going to get a paddle...any reccomendations on the number of paddles on the tire? Will I have to change the jetting or can I just tweak the air / fuel screws?

Please advise...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted March 06, 2002 - 04:14 AM

Ahh, Glamis....how I wish I were within a day's drive from there. Anyway, enough dreaming. I would recommend a Skat Trak 8 paddle, and drop your front sprocket 1 tooth to a 13 (based on stock gearing). Also, as you well know from your YZ250, firm suspension is the key. I ran about 10 psi in both tires and had pretty good success. As far as the power goes, my 98 WR400 was keeping up with a slightly modified (pipe, jetted) KX250 on the hills. The 13T sprocket really made a difference.

Have fun! Wish I were going!!!

Oh yeah, take off your mudflap, too, but you probably already knew that..

• omnivortex

Posted March 07, 2002 - 09:14 PM

I have a "custom" mudflap...I took and old one and cut it in half...doesnt rub on the tire yet still protects the shock..

thanks for the tips..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.