i hate the stock pipe

16 replies to this topic
  • T-Doshi9

Posted August 25, 2007 - 07:51 AM

i hate the the stock pipe. what pipes are you guys using on your 650ls. any good place to fine used pipes? im looking to get rid of this pipe and get the new pipe.

• CTXr650L

Posted August 25, 2007 - 07:56 AM

i'm running an FMF Q2, not too loud and noticeable increase in power. :thumbsup:

• Huffa 2

Posted August 25, 2007 - 01:03 PM

I run stock header but jet coated with a white brothers E series muffler.

I like that style muffler because you can tune it with the amount of disc you put on/take off and because it isn't near as long as most others + it's good looking too.

They don't make it any more though, I got mine off of ebay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• goblin127

Posted August 25, 2007 - 01:05 PM

XRs only full system in stainless.

• AtomicGeo

Posted August 25, 2007 - 04:10 PM

I just put on the White Brother's new model XCR slip-on my 03 XR650L...sounds great and provides noticeable boost. :ride: Price off ebay store for new one was about $250 delivered.

• martinfan30

Posted August 26, 2007 - 11:50 AM

i run the e2 series slip on with stock head pipe.

huffa, that header looks really nice!

my dad also has the e-series and i like its tuneability and sound better than my e2.

• Whiteman

Posted August 26, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Plus 1

• Huffa 2

Posted August 26, 2007 - 12:28 PM

i run the e2 series slip on with stock head pipe.

huffa, that header looks really nice!

my dad also has the e-series and i like its tuneability and sound better than my e2.

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

So how does the E sound towards the E 2 if both had same # of disc on ?

Your E 2 IS tuneable too, correct ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted August 26, 2007 - 12:44 PM

the e2 doesnt use disc's. it only has 2 replaceable tips/outlets. 1 is a big open hole(for closed course), the other a smaller hole with a spark arrestor screen.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 26, 2007 - 04:30 PM

the e2 doesnt use disc's. it only has 2 replaceable tips/outlets. 1 is a big open hole(for closed course), the other a smaller hole with a spark arrestor screen.

OHHHHH, I didn't know that, thought it had disc inside it, must be thinking of another muffler :excuseme:

Seems like a step backwards, I most definitly like the FINE tuning capability of the old one better.

:excuseme: Now it bugs me which muffler had inside disc, I'm almost postive I saw that somewhere :excuseme:

• jonr3

Posted August 27, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Pro Circuit T-4. Lots more power but pretty loud.

• axarob44

Posted August 27, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Huffa, I think the Supertrapp IDS pipe has the disks your thinking of. InternalDiskSystem.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 27, 2007 - 02:06 PM

Huffa, I think the Supertrapp IDS pipe has the disks your thinking of. InternalDiskSystem.

Thats the one ! Thank You ! :thumbsup:

• squatpuke

Posted August 27, 2007 - 03:45 PM

Goblin...I'm considering the Full XRO full stainless also....however, I've heard the stock header has a much better fit than ANY aftermarket headers...

What's your take with the aftermarket XRO header? Good fit?

Huffa has a nice stock header setup...might be a better way to go...

• motomonte

Posted August 27, 2007 - 04:16 PM

I just installed the Supertrapp ISD2 quiet series.The intallation was really straightforward (about 30 mins.)The sound is a little more than the stock pipe but not that much.And it does increases power.Has lots of low end grunt,haven't tried at top speed yet but then it's tunneable.

• goblin127

Posted August 27, 2007 - 04:46 PM

Goblin...I'm considering the Full XRO full stainless also....however, I've heard the stock header has a much better fit than ANY aftermarket headers...

What's your take with the aftermarket XRO header? Good fit?

Huffa has a nice stock header setup...might be a better way to go...

I think the header fit was very tight,its only been mounted once and sofar I can't detect any leaks. The tail pipe section was a little frustrating at first,but it went together and have not had any problems. The header it larger diamiter than stock,but you probably know that.

• MartinDKtm

Posted August 28, 2007 - 03:16 AM

On my 2000 650L I run a Fmf header with an older xl600 pipe and I did removed the small plate to remove carbon (thats what the manual says...) under it. I have a supertapp but was never able to tune the bike with the supertrapp on it. Sound is an issue for me so the stocker is nice. The Xl 600 pipe does flow much better than the stock L unit. The output pipe is much bigger. I think it cause the Xl had a better flowing head because of the dual carb setup.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.