2007 wr450f Horsepower

4 replies to this topic
  • Morty

Posted August 25, 2007 - 07:28 AM

Anyone have any idea what this bikes output is rated at with rejetting, airbox mods, Yz throttle stop and uncorked stock exhaust.I tried searching but saw no actual numbers. I am going from a 2003 DRZ400e model with about 41 hp and 20 lbs heavier to this bike which I get next weekend . Dealers gonna do the mods for me and was curious how much power gain the new bike is gonna have,thanks. Morty!

• erickdj

Posted August 25, 2007 - 11:19 AM

Anyone have any idea what this bikes output is rated at with rejetting, airbox mods, Yz throttle stop and uncorked stock exhaust.I tried searching but saw no actual numbers. I am going from a 2003 DRZ400e model with about 41 hp and 20 lbs heavier to this bike which I get next weekend . Dealers gonna do the mods for me and was curious how much power gain the new bike is gonna have,thanks. Morty!

I'm not really sure about the exact amount, but I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 50hp.:eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted August 25, 2007 - 10:38 PM

With an aftermarket pipe, they will break 50 hp.

An otherwise stock uncorked WR 450f puts out about 47 hp.

• Mutu

Posted August 26, 2007 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, an Aussie mag here has done an '07 project bike, it pumps out 52hp
with a WB Alloy pro 2 exhaust and usual free mods. It cracked out about 47hp with just free mods and about 40hp stock.

You can see that aftermarket exhausts are a beneficial gain on this bike, with the pipe adding over 10% power to it.

• Morty

Posted August 27, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Thanks you guys for the info good to know!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.