Clark YZ400 Tanks

4 replies to this topic
  • yz400fer69

Posted March 05, 2002 - 03:29 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has used the Clark Manufacture YZ tanks for their WR. Does the color match and does the sizes and shape match the stock YZ tanks(for decals and radiator shrouds). Thanks

• dieseld

Posted March 05, 2002 - 06:56 PM

I just installed my Clarke YZ stock replica tank about 4 weeks ago. The finish and fit is top quality, I would highly recommend it. I got a white tank, so I don't know how the blue will match up to stock.

Damon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz400fer69

Posted March 08, 2002 - 05:00 PM

TTT

• midlifecrisis426

Posted March 08, 2002 - 05:23 PM

I am preparing to do the same... I see on Clarkes page they are selling a yz tank seat combo... has anybody installed this? It matters less to me how skillfully I rode that day but how good my butt felt while doing it! Clarke seat or another...

• bobwombat

Posted March 08, 2002 - 08:12 PM

YZ400: i installed the Clarke tank/SDG seat combo on my 2000 WR400 & loved it enough to remove when i sold the bike to install on my 2002 WR250! you won't be disappointed. the tank is constructed well & fits perfectly. although the SDG seat is very firm, it's a great match for the tank. it has left-side petcock standard but it's constructed so you can also use the right side if preferred (why?). as many here @ the forum have recommended, the YZ seat/tank combo is a "must have" & you'll love being able to get further forward than stock. bobwombat

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.