Anyone have a Wolfman tank bag?

19 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted August 24, 2007 - 07:32 PM

I just bought a decent Bell tank bag from Wallmart for 29 bucks and I'm up in the air about keeping it. The quality and fit are good but not great. For the price I can't complain but I have been eyeballing the Wolfman stuff. Their cheapest tank bag is about 80 dollars and they go up to about 130. Are they worth it?

• goblin127

Posted August 24, 2007 - 08:23 PM

I have the enduro model and to me its worth it,but it is small. Quality is first rate. I also have the beta bags and there great also. My tank bag is mounted to a 4gal clark if that makes any diff. I have owned other tank bags for other bikes and have sold them at a store that I worked at long ago and wolfman is right there with the best of them. Can't remember what I paid for the enduro bag but it is small,but I would'nt want anything larger on there either.

• lhark

Posted August 25, 2007 - 04:18 AM

The Wolfman tailpack I bought from Aerostich is very well made, and works great.

• Bibleman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 05:26 AM

I'm also looking at the tailbag, but I'm confused because a search here tells me that everyone is using the Beta, but the Wolfman site says the Alfa is made for the dualsports. Any clarification on that?

Thanks for the other input too!

Oh, one more thing. Do the Wolfan bags (tank and tail) stay put even when loaded and riding offroad?

• goblin127

Posted August 25, 2007 - 09:11 AM

I think your right I have the alfa bag not the beta. Yes they do stay on and don't shift around and I have been on some rides where they proved there metal.

• Bibleman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 10:21 AM

Thanks Goblin.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted August 25, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I have the Expedition and love it. I just finished the TransAmerica trail and it never leaked a drop of water and never budged the whole trip.

Posted Image

• Whiteman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 04:53 PM

I have the enduro and for me is the perfect size. Secure and I even added a power outlet to the inside of the bag.

http://www.powerletp...roducts/ptb.php

• Thunderchild

Posted August 25, 2007 - 05:14 PM

I use the Enduro model on my XRR with the stock tank and an IMS 4.6 tank. Of course it fits better on the not as tall/flatter stock tank. Still no problem with it on the IMS tank other than it's a little closer to my crotch than I like when I slide way up on the seat. :eek:

I run the right side rear strap back to the subframe rail to keep it away from the hot mid pipe area. I tend to cover the gas cap with it too, up to the breather tube anyway. Point being, that I have to undo the front strap to take the gas cap off. No big deal really, I can do it with my gloves on now.

Posted Image

• Bibleman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Very good input guys! Jeff, where did you get the sheepskin seat cover?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted August 25, 2007 - 06:15 PM

http://alaskaleather.com/

• Bibleman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Thanks!

• Whiteman

Posted August 25, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Check out www.advrider.com and look in vendors for the sheep skin cover. They tell you how to get a 10% discount over there. I have one and really helps out for those long rides.

• Bibleman

Posted August 26, 2007 - 03:44 AM

I'm a "lurker" over there so I'll check it out:ride:

• Huffa 2

Posted August 26, 2007 - 05:12 AM

I have the Expedition and love it. I just finished the TransAmerica trail and it never leaked a drop of water and never budged the whole trip.

Posted Image

Hey Jeff, you told me you got the $29ATV tank panniers at a Tractor Supply, was it at TSC ?

I'll list this also bibleman, since they are in the travel bag catagory and really cheap .....

:excuseme: I think they have the dimensions " 16 in. H x 12 in. W x 8 in. L " mixed up though ??

They look to me like they are possibly 12H 16L and 8 in width ??

http://www.overstock...17/product.html

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted August 26, 2007 - 05:25 AM

I got them at Tractor Supply, I don't know what TSC is.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted August 26, 2007 - 05:26 AM

Check out www.advrider.com and look in vendors for the sheep skin cover. They tell you how to get a 10% discount over there. I have one and really helps out for those long rides.

The discount code is deadsheep

• platterdr

Posted September 01, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hey Jeff, you told me you got the $29ATV tank panniers at a Tractor Supply, was it at TSC ?

I'll list this also bibleman, since they are in the travel bag catagory and really cheap .....

:thumbsup: I think they have the dimensions " 16 in. H x 12 in. W x 8 in. L " mixed up though ??

They look to me like they are possibly 12H 16L and 8 in width ??

http://www.overstock...17/product.html

did you buy these saddlebags? how do they fit on an L?

• Bibleman

Posted September 01, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Looks like you can't beat the price but they look too wide from the picture:excuseme:

• Huffa 2

Posted September 01, 2007 - 11:53 PM

platterdr, I got tank bags in another post I just recently did but in the reviews for that one guy states......... " No snowmobile use was intended - Rather than pay for Dirtbagz or similar softbag setup for my dirtbikes I put this unit into service for longer trips to Mexico and such. Great value and decent durability in unintended crash testing. A bang up value! "

.........but YES Bibleman, they do look wide, the seat strap that is, which would make them hang too low but you could always cut that strap on one side and shorten it and have it resewed, my idea anyway.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.