dual sport advice needed

1 reply to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted March 05, 2002 - 09:25 AM

hey gets. i am considering dual sporting my 95 xr200. the yamathumper is my race bike, so the 200 doesn't get any use anymore except in backyard, so i thought i'd d/s it.
do-able?
i already have the expensive lighting coil needed to add lights to it. my dad used to d/s a 76 xl125, so i figured this bike had power enough for backroads (not much highway use), but i could re-gear (sprocket sizes, not gear box) for road use and put dot tires on it for light trail use. what do you think? i just need some advice on a direction to go. that or spend the $$$ to get my dad's old 76 cb360 on the road. but i imagine insurance would be less on the 200 ($201 /yr. on 360, not including title, registraition, inspection, etc.),and it would be more fun/ sportier.
lists of stuff needed to be done and aprox. costs would be appreciated, and/or comments, views on project (still in planning stage)
thanks
xrracer
what i thought of so far:
turn signals
lights (already have front)
brake light switch installation
plates & title
tires
gearing
key break in ignition
speedo
inspection & insurance costs ???
???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskyrider

Posted March 05, 2002 - 03:53 PM

XRRacer,
Go here for your dualsport kit.
http://www.bajadesig..._Code=honda-DSK
This should take you to your objective of street legal XR.
They have a very comprehensive kit. It probably plugs into the stock Honda connectors.
Have Fun !

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.