Trail Tech Showing Very High Revs

5 replies to this topic
  • chambers

Posted August 24, 2007 - 02:17 AM

I have installed my trail tech on the 02 wr400 and the speed is correct but its showing very high revs on the actual trail tech. Anyone know how this can be fixed? What should the pulse value be and also what value does everyone have for shift 1 and shift 2?

• ETP

Posted August 24, 2007 - 05:06 AM

My Vapor does the same thing. Its intermittent. I've emailed Trailtech twice about this and they haven't responded. Not very happy about that. The tach wire has about 8 winds on the spark plug/coil cap as per the install instructions.
Sure would like to get the problem resolved.

• 250f canuck

Posted August 24, 2007 - 07:18 AM

I e-mailed them with problems regarding my endurance computer and they got back to me right away. Half of the numbers on the screen are cut off, and they want me to ship it to them. Your posts make me think twice about upgrading to the vapour if my endurance goes belly up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 24, 2007 - 09:04 AM

I have installed my trail tech on the 02 wr400 and the speed is correct but its showing very high revs on the actual trail tech. Anyone know how this can be fixed? What should the pulse value be and also what value does everyone have for shift 1 and shift 2?

The pulse should be set at 1 pulse per revolution as the plug fires even on the exhaust stroke. I set shift 1 at 7000 and shift 2 at 9000 (if I remember right). Temp I set yellow at 200 and red at 240.

• ETP

Posted August 24, 2007 - 04:30 PM

I e-mailed them with problems regarding my endurance computer and they got back to me right away. Half of the numbers on the screen are cut off, and they want me to ship it to them. Your posts make me think twice about upgrading to the vapour if my endurance goes belly up.

Besides the tach racing up high intermittently, the Vapor is great. Large easy to read display. Coolant temp will come in handy some day. I really like it besides the tach problem.

• chambers

Posted August 25, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Just got the following reply from the local trail tech dealer

Hi Richard

You need to make sure that you have Vapor wired to live power.

Your bike will not have a battery I suspect so wire the red wire from Vapor direct to a live feed coming from the bike generator, wire the black wire to it's own earth.

Do not wire Vapor via a wiring harness feed, i.e. the lights, this is a regulated current that Vapor does not like.

The RPM and other functions will not work correctly unless the Vapor gets full power.

You should not need to touch any RPM settings Yamaha's run on the factory default settings.

Regards

Roy

So does anyone know which is the wire that comes straight from the genarator so that I can connect to that as at the moment it is onto the lights wire.

Thanks

Also I can second its a great unit, well worth the money

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.