TT Skid Plate

5 replies to this topic
  • Suds

Posted August 23, 2007 - 07:47 PM

I need a smog kit and a skid plate for my 650L. TT store has both.
Definitely want the smog kit, but to defray some of the shipping cost, I was thinking of adding the TT skid plate also. Anyone have any input on the TT skidplates? Are they the same quality as the Moose, Utah Sports, Baja Designs plates?
Thanks for any help...
Suds

• jonr3

Posted August 24, 2007 - 03:54 AM

I can't really compare my TT skid plate to the other manufacturers, but it fits like a glove, the welds are about as good as you can get, and, I feel good about supporting TT.:applause:

• goblin127

Posted August 24, 2007 - 04:51 AM

The last I new all three of those skid plates you have named were all the same. I would be surprised if the TT one were any diffrent.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Suds

Posted August 24, 2007 - 06:05 AM

I can't really compare my TT skid plate to the other manufacturers, but it fits like a glove, the welds are about as good as you can get, and, I feel good about supporting TT.:applause:

Does the stock engine guard have to come off?

The last I new all three of those skid plates you have named were all the same. I would be surprised if the TT one were any diffrent.

That's what I thought. They all look the same.

Thanks for the input guys. Placing my order now.

Suds

• jonr3

Posted August 24, 2007 - 06:54 AM

Yep! From start to finish it took me about 15 minutes to remove the engine guard and install the skid plate. Looks a lot better, too.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 24, 2007 - 07:54 AM

Suds

Nope!

You can leave the stock guard on, just leave out the front bolts and use only the clamps to hold on the skidplate.

There's no loss of ground clearance, this just shifts the skid plate forwards a skosh.

(This assumes the skid plate is basically the same as the utah sport cycle one)

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.