'06 650R for $3000

10 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted August 23, 2007 - 03:20 PM

Fellas,

I have a possible line on a 650R with a Baja Designs street kit on it for $3000. The bike is pretty much stock but the shop has used it to do some track days in supermoto form. I'd get the bike with the stock 21/18's. I don't really know how many miles are on it but I wouldn't think too much if it's just on the track.

The bike looks brand new. It also has been rejetted and is running a FMF pipe.

Does this sound like a good deal? And what do you think I could flip it for in a year or so? Thanks.

Lee

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted August 23, 2007 - 03:37 PM

Smoken deal (at least out here where the governator rules)

jump on it...you should be able to flip out next year at breakeven, worst case...

My 2 cents

• resslera

Posted August 23, 2007 - 03:38 PM

Sounds like a pretty good deal if it truely is low miles.

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 23, 2007 - 04:48 PM

How well do you know the guy(s) selling it? Would they give the true story about the usage and maintenance?

If so, and what they say jives with what you see, grab it. An 06 plated xrr for 3 large is a very good deal.

• husky123

Posted August 23, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Yep it's my local dealer....actually the owner who I know well. Thanks fellas. I may just pull the trigger on her!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondacrf150f1

Posted August 23, 2007 - 05:20 PM

it would be worth that much if it was only used as a dirtbike and unplated!

• Whiteman

Posted August 23, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Are you kidding? I had a feeling you may make a move on that bike. Is he giving you both sets of wheels? If so then you will make that up in 6 months easy.

• philipstjohn

Posted August 24, 2007 - 04:00 AM

Fellas,

I have a possible line on a 650R with a Baja Designs street kit on it for $3000. The bike is pretty much stock but the shop has used it to do some track days in supermoto form. I'd get the bike with the stock 21/18's. I don't really know how many miles are on it but I wouldn't think too much if it's just on the track.

The bike looks brand new. It also has been rejetted and is running a FMF pipe.

Does this sound like a good deal? And what do you think I could flip it for in a year or so? Thanks.

Lee

If you have never owned a XR650R and this is a clean one, at that price it is a steal, and if you like to ride motorcycles, you will not be thinking about flipping it in a year or so once you ride it...:applause:

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 24, 2007 - 04:04 AM

If you have never owned a XR650R and this is a clean one, at that price it is a steal, and if you like to ride motorcycles, you will not be thinking about flipping it in a year or so once you ride it...:applause:

What he said. :thumbsup:

Pretty well sums it up.

• husky123

Posted August 24, 2007 - 04:42 AM

Yeah I had an '00 650R. I actually broke the frame on it (don't ask) and had to part it out. That left a little hole in my heart and I'm thinking about remounting one and actually racing it on the east coast....that's right racing one in the woods. What's up.

• COAL RUN

Posted August 24, 2007 - 05:48 AM

If you decide not to buy the bike PLEASE PM me the shop name & location

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.