Spark Plug Question

22 replies to this topic
  • robert68

Posted September 17, 2008 - 01:06 PM

hello there, i ride a klx300r,im thinking about using a direct hits plug adapter, but i have to use a non resistor plug for it.i was told that thers is no plug without a resistor for my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robert68

Posted September 17, 2008 - 01:17 PM

ok the reason why im asking this question is that enerpulse is a company that makes a plug called pulstar,it is not a spark plug, its a plug that uses a pulse circuit,that produces 100,000 watts of peak power,as opposed to a spark plug that produces a measly 50 watts.if u want to see for yourself,google pulstar plugs,and click on the search engine that says official site.

• HeadTrauma

Posted September 17, 2008 - 01:47 PM

Stay away from the gimmick spark plugs like Pulsestar, E3, Splitfire, Bosch +2, +4, etc. Sure they work just as well as normal resistor plugs, but that is the exact problem; they only work as well, not better.

I run a stock NGK DPR8EA-9 in my modified 600 and it doesn't show any signs of overheating. I was going to get a cooler DPR9, but the monkeys at my Honda/Suzuki/Sea Doo shop don't stock them....even though they were actually a factory plug for a number of '80s and '90s Hondas and Suzukis (AND Kawasakis). :excuseme:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.