Exhaust wrap

3 replies to this topic
  • tarmac_terrorist

Posted August 22, 2007 - 04:47 AM

I was looking at the header and noticed just how close the radiator is to the header. I can just squeeze a finger inbetween the header and the lowest part of the radiator. As im a novice, i will be riding slower than slow for a good while and reckon some exhaust wrap under the radiator might aid cooling and lower engine temps. Im not talking about wrapping the entire header / system, just a 6 inch section that sits under the radiator.

Also the "pressurised nitrogen canister" sits very close to the header as well. I was wondering about putting a small amount of exhaust wrap there as well.

Again, im not talking about wrapping the entire header, just two sections.

The bike is an 07 wr.

any ideas?

Thanks

• AnthonyB

Posted August 22, 2007 - 06:18 AM

Keeping the heat IN the pipe will also help power output :) ... Do it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 22, 2007 - 07:45 AM

I put heat tape on the bottom of the radiator in that area rather than wraping the pipe.

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 22, 2007 - 07:35 PM

I did ceramic coating from perfomance coating on my quad, helped alot with heat on leg. I might do bike this winter. i bet it would be under 40 bucks for the bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.