07 WR450f speed issue

42 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted February 22, 2008 - 09:38 AM

A buddy of mine on a 04 Wr450 and myself on my 06 had a side-by-side- comparo (to avoid the word drag race) on beautiful stretch of straight fire road (both are DS'd), and while I was WOT, he just twisted the throttle and pulled away! And he's got another 20lbs on me! The only difference is that he's got a FMF Q4 pipe and I'm running the stocker with peashooter removed. Do you think the pipe could make that much difference? Personally, I think my throttle stop screw is a little longer. (Might have to compare our screw lengths...)
I topped out at 134km/h (84mph).

Thoughts?

I had the dealer cut my TS at the shop before I bought it...I've read 23.5 mm recently on someones thread but I remember the shop manager grinding mine to 21 mm and have never had issues. I do think the pipe means power though as you would likely rejet to dump more fuel into the wiggle hole:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted February 22, 2008 - 10:00 AM

92 mph, free mods, AIS removal 172 main, YZ throttle stop, stock gearing, pavement with Desert IT's....

You can easily see 75mph+ in the desert :smirk:

• 2006wr450f

Posted February 22, 2008 - 11:25 AM

My 06 will top out at about 96

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.