426 Mod's

2 replies to this topic
  • banffboy

Posted March 04, 2002 - 04:46 PM

Hey all

I've got an '01 WR426. It's been piped(fmf power core). I had a 98 WR with YZ timing. Is there benefit to changing the timing on the '01? Also what about grinding down the throttle stop or replacing it with the YZ stop. I've read a few articles on both. I ride in Alberta,Canada(bike purchased in Canada if that makes a difference) between 5,000ft to 9,000ft elev. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.....It's still snowing here so riding is a way off. I've used the S12's on hard/shale terrain alot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWR426

Posted March 04, 2002 - 09:02 PM

I think you will find the Canadian bike already has a throttle stop that gives you full throttle. You can check by looking down the carb throat-the lower 48 stop is very obvious in the amount it restricts the throttle. Mark

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 04, 2002 - 10:00 PM

if yours is a Canadian Model, then you have no throttle stop or grey wire to do, but you do have the YZ timing mod - half an hour of your time and you have it beat...

Then you will see a difference...

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.