YZ CDI work on WR?

2 replies to this topic
  • xr250ryder

Posted August 21, 2007 - 09:11 AM

I searched the forums and found little on what I was looking for. I don't want a Vortech cdi unit. I just want like a 05-06-07 yz cdi unit that I can put on my WR. Is that possible? Or am I merely dreaming. I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference but I figured I would check before I bought one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted August 21, 2007 - 07:30 PM

Shouldn't be a problem, cutting the grey wire on the WR gives the YZ mapping.

• xr250ryder

Posted August 21, 2007 - 07:44 PM

From what I've read, there were different mappings for different years. So I just was wondering. The 03 had good low end mapping, but the 07 had good all around mapping. I was considering putting them on to see if i could tell a difference.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.