FMF jetting kit

1 reply to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted August 21, 2007 - 06:51 AM

Hello,

I have a JD jetting kit on my 2004 WR450 currently and the bike runs nicely but i have just got a full FMF factory 4 full exhaust system (inc header) which included the FMF jetting kit. My friend has the exact same bike with the same exhaust and JD jetting kit and his bike runs well so i know its a good combo.

Does anybody know much about FMF jetting kits? Are they any good?

Which jetting kit would you use, stick with the JD or swap it for the FMF?

Cheers

Lennie.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michigan DS

Posted August 21, 2007 - 07:36 AM

I believe the new exhaust will make your bike run a little leaner. If you had the bike jetted perfectly prior to the installation, you might want to go one richer on the jetting. If you were already a little rich you might be fine.
I would post this question on the Jetting board and email JD. You should get a knowledgable response from both.

Good Luck,

Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.