Racing a XR650l?

27 replies to this topic
  • walshdanielm1965

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:34 AM

Completed my first race on the BRP...... :ride: who said pigs can't fly? :eek:
I was 32 overall after the first lap & passing people until I made a mistake. I saw my best friend & I got impatient, and went for the pass. :bonk: I hit a 5 foot brush and went over the bars. Luckily no major injuries....twisted ankle & sore body! Bike was fine fired right up......love that BRP. :thumbsup: I finished the race, don't know where I placed.

• cabadboy

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:45 AM

I am the best friend, and as all best friends do, I let him think he was catching me LOL :ride: But to quote the immortal Malcom Smith, "The big bush is where he ran out of talent!":mad: Lets just say that we all had a great time, and there is nothing more fun that starting a race with several of your close friends....Makes for interesting smack talk the rest of the weekend....

Way to go BIG DAN :thumbsup: The BRP did fly....What's next...Hell freezing over!

Oh by the way, I am 55 and still having fun with the youngsters...

• hatterasman

Posted September 10, 2007 - 01:23 PM

Where at in NC? I'm on the outer banks and bored of riding sand.

• BWB63

Posted September 10, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Completed my first race on the BRP...... :ride: who said pigs can't fly? :eek:
I was 32 overall after the first lap & passing people until I made a mistake. I saw my best friend & I got impatient, and went for the pass. :bonk: I hit a 5 foot brush and went over the bars. Luckily no major injuries....twisted ankle & sore body! Bike was fine fired right up......love that BRP. :thumbsup: I finished the race, don't know where I placed.

What race was this? AMA? District #37?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • walshdanielm1965

Posted September 10, 2007 - 03:28 PM

Yes, District 37 Lost Coyotes Dual European scrambles.

• wheelnut46

Posted September 10, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Completed my first race on the BRP...... :thumbsup: who said pigs can't fly? :ride:
I was 32 overall after the first lap & passing people.... I finished the race, don't know where I placed.

I think that is so awesome!

Too many critics of the mighty "L". Just go out and have fun. Screw the others!

• martinfan30

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:01 AM

well put. its a great bike for what it is.:thumbsup:

• Whiteman

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Good job.. Wish you had a helmet cam to see the horn and blinkers going. I will have to find a open H/S to run my pig in. Most of them around here are pretty tight for the pig but it would be fun for a lap or two. I may even leave the mirrors on.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.