2007 wr flat spot

4 replies to this topic
  • DR EVIL

Posted August 20, 2007 - 08:47 PM

I have a 2007 wr 450 with a low range flat spot. I have done al the free mods and the bike runs great as long as you keep the rpm's up a little. It still has the stock jetting.

• KennyMc

Posted August 20, 2007 - 11:24 PM

I have a 2007 wr 450 with a low range flat spot. I have done al the free mods and the bike runs great as long as you keep the rpm's up a little. It still has the stock jetting.

If you have done all of the free mods including the AIS removal, I believe you are running lean. I installed the JDJetting kit with the 168 main and 48 pilot and red neddle on the 4th position. Also installed the ZYpty fuel screw turned out 2 times. My stock bike came with a 162 main jet and a 45 pilot jet. Try this and see if it gets you closer to oz.:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted August 21, 2007 - 12:56 AM

JD jetting and the o-ring mod will cure whatever hiccups you may have in your throttle response.

• DR EVIL

Posted August 21, 2007 - 07:44 AM

what is the o ring mod

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 21, 2007 - 10:22 AM

In the JD kit, they supply two o-rings (a small one and a thick one) that you can slip over your accelerator pump linkage to make the off idle response pretty much instantanious. You can get 10mm o rings in various thicknesses at a motorcycle shop or you can do what others have done and saftey wire the linkage.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.