Wr400 2000 - rear shock maintenance

6 replies to this topic
  • holdon

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:24 PM

just a quick one - ive gone to grease up my rear shock and ive noticed there are no grease nipples....

how do i service the rear shock?

• dr x

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:35 PM

All you can really do is grease the top and bottom bushes, other than that its take it apart and rebuild it but i wouldnt recommend doing that unless you know exactly what your doing....

• holdon

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:45 PM

oh ok.....so these are a "maintenance" free item.

it was just squeaky and clicky the other day so i wanted to pump some grease into it.

thanks for the response

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dr x

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:53 PM

oh ok.....so these are a "maintenance" free item.

it was just squeaky and clicky the other day so i wanted to pump some grease into it.

thanks for the response

Might be worth looking at the linkage to see if that needs some grease.

• Solo

Posted August 20, 2007 - 10:39 PM

Take the whole swing arm off and grease everything. The world will be a better place if you do.

• Jekel

Posted August 26, 2007 - 03:36 PM

Grease the bushing for the shock mounts real good as these will give a annoying squeek at times. Also grease all the swingarm and suspension bearings as noted earlier. This will really improve the ride....

• Martys

Posted August 26, 2007 - 08:08 PM

If you want to service your shock and you're not quite comfortable with it you can check out the Shock Maintenance DVD from Motopower. I personally think it is easier to do the shock than the forks.

http://www.motopowervideo.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.