kick starter stops

2 replies to this topic
  • ShmUDE

Posted August 20, 2007 - 03:00 PM

Okay... I finally got my motor put back in the bike and im having a hell of a time getting it kicked over. This isn't my first rodeo and i know how to start the bike but when i try to slam the kick starter down to start it, the levar just stops. I kept trying it and it would eventually fire up and idle like shit and die and i'd be starting all over again. Any thoughts on why it would stop like that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 20, 2007 - 03:22 PM

Sounds like maybe your cam timing is off. I would pull the cover back off and double check everything to avoid damage.

• ShmUDE

Posted August 20, 2007 - 03:50 PM

found the problem! It wasn't idling so i messed with the idle screw turning it inwards. Well it opened up the throttle enough to where the kick starter would kick back. I just backed the screw back out and it works now. I have another problem but thats for another thread.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.