Single Carb?

3 replies to this topic
  • frankiewhipit

Posted August 20, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I have read the site rules & I have searched.
does anyone make an intake/boot to replace the dual carbs with a single on an older xr600?

• frankiewhipit

Posted August 22, 2007 - 10:24 AM

OK how about the newer single carb 600's, do they use the same cylinder head as the dual carb models?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted August 22, 2007 - 10:34 AM

no.
different.

• Thorpey

Posted August 22, 2007 - 01:34 PM

I searched high and low a couple of years ago for an adapter. I had picked up an '87 with pretty gummed up carbs and a cracked fuel joint (the tube between the bowls). :banghead: Thought I'd just replace them with a single. :banghead: A few guys remembered somebody making a hand built adapter in the 90's, but I never could locate one. I just cleaned up the duals, replaced a couple of parts, and spent an afternoon getting them setup right. First time for me with 2 carbs, so was a bit of PITA, but got it right and it ran great.:applause: Good luck with it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.