ya i'm tool, but MSR shifter rules!!!

25 replies to this topic
  • jesusgatos

Posted August 24, 2007 - 12:37 PM

The IMS shifter definitely does NOT rule. It's a flimsey piece of crap.

• martinfan30

Posted August 24, 2007 - 01:12 PM

havent seen that one, the MSR is a pretty stout unit.:thumbsup:

• wcorbett

Posted August 25, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Well on the mt 21 i had on the first ride it chunked out to a rounded edge than wore evenly and ive got about 5 rides on this one and still a sharp edge.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted September 01, 2007 - 06:23 PM

Heard you all braggin' about how great your MSR shifters are so I had some PayPal money burnin' a hole in my pocket so I fired up my computer and found my friendly neighborhood Ebay seller and had him send one to my door. I installed it this afternoon and "YES!" you are right.
This shifter RULES!

• xr650l bum

Posted September 01, 2007 - 08:34 PM

Definately! The msr is not only stronger, but seems to be a tad longer. I had the Ims, but got tired of it bending into the case when I was trying to shift! I now have the msr. One draw back to the msr is that it does not seem to tighten onto the shaft well. I fell off once and I was lucky I noticed 30 ft from where it fell. After that I check it before every ride. Now the bolt striped. I would suggest getting a longer bolt and running it through the entire body and capping with a lock nut!

• martinfan30

Posted September 01, 2007 - 09:52 PM

glad you guys like, i think its a great product. xrbum, i noticed the the bolt it came with was kinda chincy also so i found a longer one and used a lock washer. it has been great! even when i locked up the rear brake and laid it down, it still didnt crush the case.:ride: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.