ya i'm tool, but MSR shifter rules!!!

25 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted August 20, 2007 - 10:51 AM

as i pulled into the parking lot at work, coming in a little too fast i started braking to make the hard left into the covered parking for bikes . well the parking lot had been repainted sunday and my half worn mt21 hit a fresh line of paint and down i went!LOL! picked er up and found my MSR shifter twisted upward at the hinge. it did hit the case cover a nicked it good but no hole in the case! had the stock one been on still, i'm positive it would have gone into the case!:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted August 20, 2007 - 11:47 AM

:cripple: AHAHAHA SLOW DOWN what kinda rush you in LMAO :lame: Hope you got ass rash now LMAO :moon:

• martinfan30

Posted August 20, 2007 - 11:54 AM

:cripple: AHAHAHA SLOW DOWN what kinda rush you in LMAO :lame: Hope you got ass rash now LMAO :moon:

ya, ya, ya,. talk too much, denn!LOL!:blah:

• Denn10

Posted August 20, 2007 - 02:17 PM

my blunders were downshiftin and doing the supermoto slide at the turn signals LOL but i didnt go down for everyone to laugh at.

• martinfan30

Posted August 20, 2007 - 03:02 PM

my blunders were downshiftin and doing the supermoto slide at the turn signals LOL but i didnt go down for everyone to laugh at.

im laughin!LOL!:busted:

• wheelnut46

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:11 PM

you need one of these

• martinfan30

Posted August 20, 2007 - 07:41 PM

that would help, but where the shifter dinged the case was above the horizontal center line of the case.

• evomx971

Posted August 21, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Wow, I wouldn't think the shifter could even get up that high, do you have yours adjusted fairly high?

You mention that you thought you'd have holed the case cover if you still have the stock one on it. What kind of case cover do you have on it?

• martinfan30

Posted August 21, 2007 - 10:08 AM

Wow, I wouldn't think the shifter could even get up that high, do you have yours adjusted fairly high?

You mention that you thought you'd have holed the case cover if you still have the stock one on it. What kind of case cover do you have on it?

for some reason the MSR shifter when installed is either way too low or just a hair high. so i went with a hair high.

no doubt the stock one would have punctured the case. i dont have a case cover/saver. i ment right through the actual generator cover.

• Denn10

Posted August 21, 2007 - 11:01 AM

HAHAH someone gave me negative feedback on this topic LMAO they wrote "what a joke, your the joke" in the comments block too how lame guess ill just have to contact mod and see what we can do about this game someones playing LOL kids!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bibleman

Posted August 21, 2007 - 11:08 AM

What is different about the MSR shifter that it saved the case where the stock one wouldn't?

Also, I fell and bent my stock shifter so bad it was actually pointing straight up! What's more, I was able to bend it almost back to original shape, rotated it by one spline and remounted it. The shifter is back in the original spot and works perfectly. XR durability:prof: There's a couple of vise and pliar marks but it adds to the effect:busted:

• martinfan30

Posted August 21, 2007 - 12:03 PM

its an extremely stout piece of steel. i had to beat the heck out of it with a large ball pein hammer to get it semi straight again. i couldnt even bend it back in a vice with channel locks. the stock one seemed to bend if you looked at funny.

• martinfan30

Posted August 21, 2007 - 12:05 PM

HAHAH someone gave me negative feedback on this topic LMAO they wrote "what a joke, your the joke" in the comments block too how lame guess ill just have to contact mod and see what we can do about this game someones playing LOL kids!!!!

ya that is some pretty intelligent s*** those guys are pullin on you.

• Bibleman

Posted August 21, 2007 - 04:27 PM

OK, thanks.

• axarob44

Posted August 21, 2007 - 05:33 PM

Anyone have the dimensions for that case saver? Sure would help being I already have one punctured case under my belt.

• wcorbett

Posted August 21, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I have the mt21 and ive done supermoto slides around turns cuz i got my back tire in the paint.

• martinfan30

Posted August 22, 2007 - 01:40 PM

I have the mt21 and ive done supermoto slides around turns cuz i got my back tire in the paint.

how many miles on your set? ive got 1000 and the rear is bald in the center.

• motomonte

Posted August 23, 2007 - 05:39 PM

http://i112.photobuc...ero20062003.jpg
http://i112.photobuc...ero20062006.jpg
This I've found to really work,and i still have the stock shifter tough it's been reshaped a few times.

• wcorbett

Posted August 23, 2007 - 07:50 PM

i just got the back replaced because a hole got ripped in it between the tread. i got a dunlop 909 of somting with blocky square tread. i think i had about 500 on mine before they ripped and about 50 percent tread.

• martinfan30

Posted August 24, 2007 - 07:31 AM

i just got the back replaced because a hole got ripped in it between the tread. i got a dunlop 909 of somting with blocky square tread. i think i had about 500 on mine before they ripped and about 50 percent tread.

let me know how that tire does.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.