No TPS, No Problem!

2 replies to this topic
  • nikdaqik_231

Posted August 19, 2007 - 05:10 PM

So, Throttle Position Sensor is bad, parts back-ordered till mid September.

Local shop calls yami service rep, he said it's ok to disconnect TPS and run. Will not hurt CDI, just defaults to 2d mapping, 2d only no 3d. OK!

Rode today the bike was great. Without TBS seem smoother, ignition advance seems slower. The bike hooked up better with a nice smooth hit in the middle. I ride trails only, might not be great for mx. It worked good for trails!

I've struggled with TPS from day one, thought it was a jetting problem, it was not.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer24

Posted August 19, 2007 - 05:28 PM

the bike will think that its at WOT at all time so it would kinda feel sluggish down low.

• Yamahafan

Posted August 20, 2007 - 06:09 AM

I also disconnected the TPS on my 2006 450F on the advice of Eddie Sisneros (Burned), the moderator on the jetting thread, to assess and/or fix my mid-throttle RPM stuttering problem. It worked perfectly. I ride MX exclusively and haven't had any problem with sluggishness on the low end. I was going to test connected / unconnected back-to-back, but I was having some much fun with the sensor disconnected that I never got around to reconnecting the sensor.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.