GYTR-JD Jet kit

9 replies to this topic
  • ophir

Posted August 18, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Dealer told me today that my WR450 came int. I have a GYTR kit. I know that the kit comes with jets and a needle. Should I get the JD kit or will the jets with the GYTR be fine?

Also anyone with an 07 are you using Boysen accelerator pump cover?

• KennyMc

Posted August 18, 2007 - 06:21 PM

I believe the GYTR kits comes with a 175 main and a 50 pilot. I never tried that combination but things that I have read seemed to indicate that was a bit rich. I went with the JDJetting kit and his guidlines which were the 168 main, 48 pilot and red needle on the 4th clip. This is for elevations of 0' - 4000'. I have riden the bike all the way up to 8,500' and it was just as smooth.

The JDjetting kit comes with an o-ring that you put over the pump timing screw. I have no experience with an aftermarket accelerator pump on.

• Michigan DS

Posted August 19, 2007 - 05:01 AM

Ophyr,
make sure you have the correct GYTR kit. Part number should end in -01 and not -00. The correct kit comes with a block off plate.
I agree with Kenshaw, the 168 main is the way to go (175 will be too rich).
Other than that, do all the free mods and you will be good to go.

Take Care,

Doug

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 19, 2007 - 10:53 AM

i will be piucking mine up next friday, Thinkin slip on and jd jetting kit right away. Plus ais block off and fuel screw,grey wire,etc. anyone know what jettinf specs? or does JD's give good specs for 5000-10000 foot elevation? does JD's come with everything a guy needs to rejet every circuit?
thanks

• KennyMc

Posted August 19, 2007 - 12:59 PM

i will be piucking mine up next friday, Thinkin slip on and jd jetting kit right away. Plus ais block off and fuel screw,grey wire,etc. anyone know what jettinf specs? or does JD's give good specs for 5000-10000 foot elevation? does JD's come with everything a guy needs to rejet every circuit? thanks

JD's kit comes with all of the jets / needles and good elevation / temperature recommendations.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ophir

Posted August 19, 2007 - 01:00 PM

1. What is the purpose of the rubber washer for the accelorater pump?

2. For what I am hearing I should not need the JD kit.

I had an 03 450 and it seems I was running 48 PJ 168 Main with the stock needle.

I am thinking that it might be worth it to get the JD, in hopes of getting things on the money the first time around seeing how hard it is to get into the carb.

Thanks for your response.

• Michigan DS

Posted August 19, 2007 - 06:13 PM

Ophir,
I would definately recommend the JD kit. The GYTR kit will be too rich, especially for your elevation. Also, getting to the carb requires a "little" work, so you probably want to take care of everything in one shot.
Use the throttle stop that comes with the GYTR kit and use the jets that come with the JD kit. The JD kit comes with several jets (extra) and instructions for your conditions. If you have any questions you can email or call JD and they will promptly tell you what you need to know.

I believe the O-ring mod improves the accelerator pumps activation, giving you instant engine response to the throttle. The JD kit comes with two o-rings, a thin one and a thick one. Everyone I have heard from recommends the thick O-ring. I would also recommend getting an adjustable fuel screw. You can get this with the JD kit for a little more than $20.00. Again, install it when you do the other carb changes.

FYI- A friend of mine and I both bought 07 WR450s a few months ago and used the JD kit along with the GYTR AIS removal and Throttle stop. Both bikes run great.
Additionally we installed the IMS 3.1 gal fuel tanks and FMF TI slip ons. The weakest part of our bikes is the rider. I have a new seat on the way (WR seats are a little firm). We also invested about $140.00 each and made them street legal. Great all around bikes!
Anyway, the WRs are great bikes once you do just a little bit of work on them.

Hope this helps,

Doug

• suzukipoo

Posted August 20, 2007 - 01:29 AM

Ophir,
I would definately recommend the JD kit. The GYTR kit will be too rich, especially for your elevation. Also, getting to the carb requires a "little" work, so you probably want to take care of everything in one shot.
Use the throttle stop that comes with the GYTR kit and use the jets that come with the JD kit. The JD kit comes with several jets (extra) and instructions for your conditions. If you have any questions you can email or call JD and they will promptly tell you what you need to know.

I believe the O-ring mod improves the accelerator pumps activation, giving you instant engine response to the throttle. The JD kit comes with two o-rings, a thin one and a thick one. Everyone I have heard from recommends the thick O-ring. I would also recommend getting an adjustable fuel screw. You can get this with the JD kit for a little more than $20.00. Again, install it when you do the other carb changes.

FYI- A friend of mine and I both bought 07 WR450s a few months ago and used the JD kit along with the GYTR AIS removal and Throttle stop. Both bikes run great.
Additionally we installed the IMS 3.1 gal fuel tanks and FMF TI slip ons. The weakest part of our bikes is the rider. I have a new seat on the way (WR seats are a little firm). We also invested about $140.00 each and made them street legal. Great all around bikes!
Anyway, the WRs are great bikes once you do just a little bit of work on them.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Hi there what seat are you going to use cause mine is also to firm for my soft baby but?:cry:

• kevinwr450f

Posted August 20, 2007 - 06:17 AM

DS, Where did you get your new seat? I'm getting tired of Yamaroids! I know the ideal position is standing but DAMN that seat gets hard after 50 miles!

• Michigan DS

Posted August 20, 2007 - 04:08 PM

You do not want to know.........

I ordered the SDR seat from btosports.com ($79.95 complete)
Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong seat (my fault). I misread and ordered the YZ450F seat. They do not have an 07 WR450 seat listed. They do have the older WRs and 07 YZs.
After ripping my stock seat apart to see if the SDR foam and cover would fit (which the foam didn't), I called Guts Racing on the phone and ordered a soft tall seat with the blue/black seat cover. Cost- just over $100.00 and they are shipping it tomorrow.

Even though Guts does not have the 07 WR450 listed, they do have the correct seat. I will let you know how it goes in a few days.

Take Care,
Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.