scary at higher speeds..

10 replies to this topic
  • bigwake

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:42 AM

could my handle bars shake at higher speeds because of the way the bars are positioned?..i just noticed that my bars are forward and my buddy's bars are back considerably more..and he does not have this problem..im on an 03 yz450..and hes on an 03 kx250..just wondered..

• King_Air

Posted August 18, 2007 - 06:07 AM

How high are your forks in the triple clamp? I think this would have more to do with headshake than bar positon. How fast are you going when you get the headshake?

• rexbond007

Posted August 18, 2007 - 02:52 PM

first i would check front wheel bearings,
i don't think handle bar position has anything to do with high speed shake.

• KJ790

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:24 PM

Is your sag set? Is your suspension sprung for you? These are the two biggest causes of headshake.

• grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2007 - 04:01 PM

Is your sag set? Is your suspension sprung for you? These are the two biggest causes of headshake.

If you had read some of his other posts, you'd know the answer. He has stock suspension, and he weighs 255. We've tried to tell him that it's all uphill until he gets the springs changed, but so far, he keeps hoping to make it work without that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted August 18, 2007 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, I have seen some of his other posts. I was just feeling hopeful that he had tried setting it up, or at least feeling like reiterating it would make him decide to set up his suspension correctly.

• grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2007 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I have seen some of his other posts. I was just feeling hopeful that he had tried setting it up, or at least feeling like reiterating it would make him decide to set up his suspension correctly.

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

• tom nolan

Posted August 21, 2007 - 07:41 AM

I have a 98 400. I had the same problem until I installed a Scott's Stabilizer. progblem gone. I ride most of the time in the desert with 5th gear pinned. My gearing is 15/44

• mxrayser

Posted August 21, 2007 - 03:12 PM

I have a 98 400. I had the same problem until I installed a Scott's Stabilizer. progblem gone. I ride most of the time in the desert with 5th gear pinned. My gearing is 15/44

Hot Doggy, what do you top out out at about 212mph:eek: Hows the hillclimb ability?

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Hot Doggy, what do you top out out at about 212mph:eek: Hows the hillclimb ability?

theoretical top end (calculated, ignoring wheel slippage) would be 100 MPH @ 10,000 RPM in 5th, IF it could pull that many revs in that high a gear.

• bigwake

Posted August 22, 2007 - 05:27 PM

theoretical top end (calculated, ignoring wheel slippage) would be 100 MPH @ 10,000 RPM in 5th, IF it could pull that many revs in that high a gear.

hahaha..sounds fast enough for me

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.