How to remove the factory "650L" logo from seat????

10 replies to this topic
  • jdilpkle

Posted August 17, 2007 - 07:24 PM

I want to remove the white factory silk-screened (?) "650L" logo from both sides of my red seat. Has anyone been able to do it without destroying the seat - I don't want to buy a new seat or seatcover at this moment.
I've tried alcohol, WD-40 - both seprate and mixed), Experimented w/ acetone (DON'T - it eats seat cover - as I thought it might!) I can live with it for the moment, but it would be nice to remove it if I can. Thanks.
jdipkle

• Rockjockey

Posted August 17, 2007 - 07:55 PM

Xylene or Toluene will remove it.

• Old Dog

Posted August 17, 2007 - 09:23 PM

Change your stock seat out for a Corbin. :ride:

• gabriel

Posted August 17, 2007 - 11:33 PM

remove the seat and ride on the frame.

• jdilpkle

Posted August 18, 2007 - 08:17 AM

The frame thing sounds good. Except my air filter may not like the view above if I did that. Butt, whatever works!
jdilpkle

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted August 18, 2007 - 09:48 AM

hahaha!:busted:

• tirebiter

Posted August 18, 2007 - 10:51 AM

I took it off with contact cleaner. Works just dandy.

• hill5150

Posted August 19, 2007 - 08:54 AM

You could buy a new bike.......like an "R"....sorry just bustin your chops.....:thumbsup:

• desert4seat

Posted August 19, 2007 - 04:08 PM

yeah, and it would still be more comfortable than those trendy euro DS bikes. :p

• jdilpkle

Posted August 19, 2007 - 07:34 PM

Toluene worked. Thanks.
Can't register a R in CA. I got my xl w/ 5800 miles original owner never off road. At least i can get my 'tardin sea legs on it. Thanks again.
jdilpkle

• martinfan30

Posted August 19, 2007 - 08:51 PM

You could buy a new bike.......like an "R"....sorry just bustin your chops.....:thumbsup:

if they come with a seat "ornament" like your avatar, i'm in!!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.