turnsignals bulbs keep popping

3 replies to this topic
  • rickmancc

Posted August 17, 2007 - 09:03 AM

Hey,
i have a weird issue on my 00 wr 400 with a baja kit on it for the street, runs of the stator coil. I take off my turnsignals for trackdays and the last time I did the bulbs burn out with the signal is on and you rev the motor a slight/ or any. I replaced the turnsignal relay but that did fix the issue. I do not have a voltage regulator on the bike, and never did. I also checked my harness for any breaks or any othe issuses. I can see the voltage spike on the voltmeter. guess its the stator but really do not want to bu a new one. Unless it is something else. Has anyone with the baja kit seen this?

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 17, 2007 - 02:31 PM

Hey,
i have a weird issue on my 00 wr 400 with a baja kit on it for the street, runs of the stator coil. I take off my turnsignals for trackdays and the last time I did the bulbs burn out with the signal is on and you rev the motor a slight/ or any. I replaced the turnsignal relay but that did fix the issue. I do not have a voltage regulator on the bike, and never did. I also checked my harness for any breaks or any othe issuses. I can see the voltage spike on the voltmeter. guess its the stator but really do not want to bu a new one. Unless it is something else. Has anyone with the baja kit seen this?

I assume you mean you do not have an aftermarket rectifier/regulator. All WR's come with an AC regulator stock from the factory. It's located on the left side of the steering head. The problem you are describing sounds like the AC regulator has either died or become disconnected.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickmancc

Posted August 20, 2007 - 09:31 PM

I will see, How do I check that it ok?

• unkle_george

Posted August 20, 2007 - 09:48 PM

Get a multi-meter and put it on the AC 0-20 setting. It should be below 15V. (I think when my regulator died it was around 40V and ate bulbs for breakfast.)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.