digital computer

3 replies to this topic
  • mikewr450

Posted August 16, 2007 - 07:17 PM

does anyone make a digital computer for an 07wr450 that does not lose the odometer reading if you disconnect the battery?

• Alternative

Posted August 16, 2007 - 07:42 PM

The Trailtech Vapor is a favourite among enduro riders. It has a speedo, trip meter, permanent odometer (doesn't loose memory when power is removed and cannot be reset), permanent hour meter, resettable hour meter, tachometer and even a temperature gauge. Have a look on their website for kits you can buy www.trailtech.net.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted August 16, 2007 - 11:15 PM

I use the Vapor on my 2006. The water temperature feature is really important for me. I found that the motor runs too cold at highway speeds - like 100F to 120F! - so I block my radiator to get the water temp up around 190 to 200. I also like the tach for street, but not that important for dirt.

Anyway... check out the Vapor. I switched to aftermarhets hubs for my 17" street wheels and also for my front dirt wheel. The stock 2006 hub uses the stock computer sending unit as a seal on the right side of the hub. Is that the way a 2007 is?

• mikewr450

Posted August 17, 2007 - 06:21 AM

hey thanks for the info. and i do believe the sending unit is the same as the 06.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.