HELP! Need Pics of WR Coolant Overflow Tank -

22 replies to this topic
  • neokinetiks

Posted August 16, 2007 - 01:52 PM

I have an 02 YZ426 and need to install an overflow tank.
Can someone please take me some detailed pics of how your WR has the overflow tank mounted, and were they run the lines.
Thanks.

• MountainMax

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I can take some pics of my 06 if you think that would help, let me know.....

• dustinw

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:46 PM

this one probably won't help much....

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:50 PM

I'll see if I can pull the side cover off my 02 and get some shots..........stay tuned.

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2007 - 04:11 PM

http://s18.photobuck...nt=P1000976.jpg
http://s18.photobuck...nt=P1000975.jpg
http://s18.photobuck...nt=P1000974.jpg

The hose in the bottom of the tank goes to the radiator and the top hose goes down where the hoses from the carb dump out..

• Alternative

Posted August 16, 2007 - 05:53 PM

You'll need a WR subframe or modify your one to mount the tank. The YZ subframe doesn't have the tabs to bolt the tank to.

• dmoney1074

Posted August 16, 2007 - 06:13 PM

You'll need a WR subframe or modify your one to mount the tank. The YZ subframe doesn't have the tabs to bolt the tank to.

Not nessesary... dont make mounts, just zip-ty it to your subframe. Many people make thier own overflow tank out of turkey basters, or something. Get creative!!! :ride:

• neokinetiks

Posted August 17, 2007 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the Awesome pics BYGGD.
The tank should be to me in a few days, then I will let you guys know how the install go's.

• byggd

Posted August 17, 2007 - 10:34 AM

Not a problem! :thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 17, 2007 - 10:38 AM

I've seen a thread in here, and you might find it by searching, but there were pics of one made with a 8" or so length of PVC pipe capped at both ends with a supply/return line and overflow line tapped into the top and the whole thing was zip tied to the frame or rad guard on the LH side of the bike... it looked good, cheap and effective:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 17, 2007 - 02:27 PM

That sounds like a good idea and easy enough to make. But how would you read the fluid level?

• neokinetiks

Posted August 18, 2007 - 05:29 AM

I found a YZ450 catch can for $18 shipped off eBay.
I just got it in last night and once I get it hooked up I'll take some pics and post.

• neokinetiks

Posted August 18, 2007 - 05:34 AM

Oh Yeah! One more thing.
On the catch can I got (YZ450) it has 3 lines connected to the bottle. What are the 3 lines for?
1. Is for the vent.
2. Is for the overflow to push the coolant back into the bottle, then suck it back into the radiator.
3. What is this one for?? Its located by the top of the bottle right under the cap.

• neokinetiks

Posted August 19, 2007 - 03:11 PM

Got the overflow tank installed.
Everything was very simple, it was off a 05 YZ450F, so very little mod's had to be made.
Now I cant wait to get out there and see how it does.
Thanks for all the help guys!!
Before.
Posted Image
After.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• byggd

Posted August 21, 2007 - 11:20 AM

You run the e-series with no plate or discs? It must rattle the wax loose in your ears :eek:

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 21, 2007 - 11:26 AM

You run the e-series with no plate or discs? It must rattle the wax loose in your ears :eek:

uhhhh.... he didn't even wash it, or even knock the mud off before installing the new part. :busted:

Loud sucks!!!!!!!!!

• neokinetiks

Posted August 22, 2007 - 05:33 AM

Its very loud no matter if it has the spark arrestor/disc on it or not.
The disc make the exhaust heat start mis-coloring the side of the rear fender decals and fender.
So I usually run them off.

• neokinetiks

Posted August 22, 2007 - 05:36 AM

uhhhh.... he didn't even wash it, or even knock the mud off before installing the new part. :busted:

Loud sucks!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I usually have it spotless, and everyone gives me a hard time cause I'm detailing a "Dirt Bike".
But I have a 5 week old baby, and he did not want to cooperate so I could clean the bike.
I was lucky to get time to do the install.

• byggd

Posted August 22, 2007 - 07:41 AM

Its very loud no matter if it has the spark arrestor/disc on it or not.
The disc make the exhaust heat start mis-coloring the side of the rear fender decals and fender.
So I usually run them off.

I agree and disagree. When I bought my 02 it had the e-series set up like you have it and it was WAY too loud. I added the spark arrester, 4 discs and the quiet core insert and while it was still loud at WOT it helped a lot. Keep in mind every disc is = to a 1/4" opening.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 22, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Yeah I usually have it spotless, and everyone gives me a hard time cause I'm detailing a "Dirt Bike".
But I have a 5 week old baby, and he did not want to cooperate so I could clean the bike.
I was lucky to get time to do the install.

I understand.... I was just flipping ya some sheet :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.