Going 08

I just sold mi 1999 YZ 400, it was a hell of a bike, but Im sure I will not miss it, I just buyed a 08 YZ 450!!!, I´LL have it by mid october cuse they are not entry in my country yet, but they will

Anything to look after for the 08??

Thanks

Anything to look after for the 08??

Thanks

Yes. It's very important to leave a little room between you and the other guy when you pass him, and watch out for the next corner coming at you very fast.

? enjoy!

One thing you may be confused by: Your 400 had a dry sump engine with the oil tank in the frame. Your '08 still has a dry sump engine, but the oil tank has been integrated into a cavity in the front of the engine, separate from the actual crankcase itself. Even though both drain plugs are now on the engine assembly itself, they are still two separate volumes, same as before.

I have a 99 WR400 and an 07 WR450. My last ride (in June) was on the 400 in the company of all the latest and greatest off road machinery. Apart from the e-start, the bike held its own and I had just as much fun on the 400 as I have on the 450. It's still a great bike for off-road use. Why do I keep it? Because it has a plate.