98 WR400F jetting question for James

2 replies to this topic
  • Henry

Posted January 25, 2001 - 08:47 PM

Hi James,
I have studied your jetting diagram with great interest.

Does the EK* series needle really helps to boost up the bike?

My bike is jetted in the following , showed in my signature. I'm riding at sea level, does changing to EK* needle have any different?

By the way, I have the stock main air jet though, will change it together with the EK* series needle. K or P for me?? :)

'98 WR400F, YZ timed, main:180, pilot:48, DVR needle 4th clip from top,
snorkel removed, YZ tank/seat combo, YZ front no.plate/rear fender,
DSP Ti exhaust system, Brembo front brake,steel braided hose, EZ clutch adjust perch,
Stroker billet rear brake reservoir

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 26, 2001 - 01:50 AM

he's on holiday.

if he said it he meant it.

i ride at sea level on a 99WR

i run a std DXM needle on clip 6. tthis is fine but could be better.

my advice is yz iming, 100 air jet, std 45 pilot, 1 1/2-2 turns out on the pilot screw, i've bent the acc. pump arm (the one with two prongs) down & out so that the pump does less work.

he says the EKP needle is better, i believe him so try it. i find JD's settings a little rich so try it on 3rd clip.

• James_Dean

Posted January 31, 2001 - 08:52 PM

The short answer-
EKP#3 or EKP#4 (Same as '01YZ426)

one step richer off idle to 1/8 throttle-
EKN#3 or EKN#4 (Cooler temp option)

The difference is like splitting hairs. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.