Brake Bleeder Pumps

3 replies to this topic
  • kskyles

Posted August 15, 2007 - 08:47 AM

hey guys-

i've got spongy brakes, and i think i've got some stubborn bubbles in there. i've been bleeding them the old fashioned way, and i've decided to try one of these hand pump bleeders.

have you guys had any success with these? do they just add complexity to an already annoying maintenance item?

if this doesn't work, i think i may have something else wrong. might need to do some more detailed brake maintenance.

• snowman02

Posted August 15, 2007 - 09:01 AM

Kyle, just go to your local auto parts store like autozone, it was like 25.00 and it worked great for me, after putting on a new resivoir on both my bikes. The only way ill bleed my brakes now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted August 15, 2007 - 10:02 AM

great. i'll give it a try. i'll pay $25 to make this task easier.

• dmoney1074

Posted August 15, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Let it sit over night with a zipty holding the lever down, then cut it off and flick the brake line with your finger while you bleed it. This should work, you really dont need anything fancy...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.