Trail Tech Vapor

5 replies to this topic
  • rdahl

Posted August 15, 2007 - 07:53 AM

I just installed my Trail Tech Vapor last night....so nice! Especially since it's hard wired in and lights up when the DS switch is on. Do any of you guys know what the Rev Limiter is set at on our bikes? I wanted to set the shift lights but havn't a clue as to what RPM's to set them at???????????????

• eastreich

Posted August 15, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Not positive, but I believe that the limiter is at or near 8500 rpm. However, I would speculate that peak power is slightly below that rpm. I guess if I had a tach I could tell you, as I can hit the darn limiter when I do something stupid on the MX track.

If you have one of the 'rev' boxes that was available for the 650R, I think that those raised the limiter to 9100 rpm.

• Billahjack

Posted August 16, 2007 - 08:40 AM

Rev boxes don't get you much unless you have at least a cam and exhaust. They probably do more harm than good by wearing out your motor faster.

Stock engine doesn't make much power past 7500 RPM. Get a cam and it will go to the rev limiter.

Be carful when riding. If you are looking at shift lights, you are probably not looking for obstacles and corners.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdahl

Posted August 16, 2007 - 12:23 PM

Between the Vapor and the GPS i no longer need to look up when riding. :p

I'm setting the shift light is only because #1 it's there and #2 for long fire roads where I run out of gearing and don't want to bounce of the limiter.......shift when it stops pulling the rest of the time :thumbsup:

Rev boxes don't get you much unless you have at least a cam and exhaust. They probably do more harm than good by wearing out your motor faster.

Stock engine doesn't make much power past 7500 RPM. Get a cam and it will go to the rev limiter.

Be carful when riding. If you are looking at shift lights, you are probably not looking for obstacles and corners.

• needsprayer

Posted August 16, 2007 - 12:39 PM

I've programed my shift point indicators at
First: 6400 rpm (a little before Max power)
Second: 7200 rpm (a little before rev limiter)

http://www.xr650r.bo.../dynocharts.htm

• crmc33

Posted August 16, 2007 - 01:57 PM

My heavily tuned 650's power drops off after 7500rpm so thats a suitable limit to set it at. The CDI starts to kill the power at this point.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.