White Brothers e-series (2000 model). How to use plates?

50 replies to this topic
  • jayh300

Posted August 17, 2007 - 12:37 PM

bizaar, i thought i was riding dirty but they had no way to check aside from me tearing it apart:excuseme: I always felt guilty...now i can relax and just feel guilty about the ear splitting scream of the pipe....:bonk:

yeah, i use the term "silencer" and wb "E" very lightly together

:thumbsdn:

• grayracer513

Posted August 17, 2007 - 02:46 PM

yeah, i use the term "silencer" and wb "E" very lightly together

:thumbsdn:

WB has long been a bit iffy on that concept, if you ask me.

• mr426

Posted August 17, 2007 - 09:13 PM

ya, mine was freaking loud!!! i just went to a stock silencer with pro moto billet s/a end cap. much quieter! i cant really notice a difference between the performance of a stock muffler and the e series with 5 plates installed, but then again i probably just dont ride as hard as some people...

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 18, 2007 - 02:19 AM

no spec for between plates, imagine that. I will measure mine tonight and post back for ya.
jay

If I remember correctly back when I had my E on my '02 WR, the disc holes have a raised edge that acts as the spacer to create a gap between the plates. WB specificallt tells you not to overtighten the end cap screws because it crushes the discs. I believe I ran 9 discs, and my WB exhaust performed excellent, and wasn't too loud. I tried running open, and screw that, my WR ran like $hit, and was ungodly loud...... I also never ran the S/A insert....

I have no use for aftermarket exhausts, but I bought my WB E series becuase it was about 5 lbs. lighter than my stock WR exhaust....

• kubamtx

Posted August 18, 2007 - 04:17 AM

So you've never used your WB corectly. As I said I wrote an e-Mail to WB customer service and they said that plates works only with S/A insert. If you are not using S/A you can remove all the plates and get exhaust similar to stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polar_Bus

Posted August 18, 2007 - 05:53 AM

So you've never used your WB corectly. As I said I wrote an e-Mail to WB customer service and they said that plates works only with S/A insert. If you are not using S/A you can remove all the plates and get exhaust similar to stock.

Not my E series pipe. I never used the SA insert (my pipe never even came with one), so I WAS using my E series coerrectly. We must be talking about 2 different versions.

• mr426

Posted August 18, 2007 - 07:14 AM

if your not using the s/a there is no need for the plates as the exhaust is going to go out the LARGE hole in the end. the only reason for the plates is to give the exhauts a way to escape when using the s/a as there is no longer a LARGE hole. no s/a = no plates. with s/a =plates.

• felix 222

Posted August 18, 2007 - 08:07 PM

i have about 6 or 7 with quiet core. passes 96db

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 20, 2007 - 01:47 AM

I purchased the E quiet core also for dual sport riding as well. Quiet yes.....unfortunately quiet ment "gagged" and I noticed a hefty loss in snap and top end...... My WR250F was not a real powerhouse to begin with, it was kind of a terd with that quiet insert......

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted August 23, 2007 - 04:34 AM

I bought a 'quiet insert' off rocky mountain when i first got the bike with the e-series pipe, but mine won't fit with only 6 or 7 plates, I need more like 10:bonk: :excuseme: and by that time i'm negating the quiet core's work.:rant:

• rdhj

Posted April 18, 2008 - 09:29 AM

I am a newbie to spark arrestors and these plates and now have a DRZ with an E@ on it, which is really loud. Would removing plates affect the jetting at all. I believe I have 8 or so plates on there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.