WR450 plastics on a WR400

3 replies to this topic
  • hozhead

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:03 PM

I've done several searches with no luck so here goes...

Has anyone done a full plastic swap from an 03-06 WR450 to a WR400?

- I've got a 2000 WR400 Supermoto that could REALLY use a YZ style tank and seat for better seating position. I'm considering an aftermarket, high capacity YZ400 tank but would prefer to use a WR450 tank, seat, shrouds, rear fender, number plates, etc.
- I'm not opposed to swapping the subframe and airbox but I need to know if that's possible before buying the parts and I don't know anyone with a WR450 that I can pull parts from to test.

I saw that the "Team Scream" YZ426 has some 450 plastics but there weren't many details in the thread regarding what was involved to swap those.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

• moto2000

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:53 PM

This is a 2001 YZ426 with '03-'05 YZ bodywork, but you should be able to do the same thing with your WR.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hozhead

Posted August 14, 2007 - 08:05 PM

So did you need to swap the subframe to make that happen.
And is that a 450 tank? Yes, I know its not stock but is it for a 450 specifically.

• moto2000

Posted August 14, 2007 - 08:26 PM

It's a YZ 450 3.3 gal (or whatever) IMS tank ...... the subframe and airbox are also 03-05 250/450 YZ parts. Pretty much a bolt on. Just need to make brackets for the tank mount and trim the upper subframe mount of the frame.

There should be alot of info in the YZ forum

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.