Dirt Bike a 1/8 mile track

2 replies to this topic
  • motorman77

Posted August 14, 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have taken my piggy to the race track several times just for fun. The last time I was there I let my son Matt ride it.
It took him a few min. to get used to it but his times got progressively better. His best time was 8.72. Any one else ever try this? The Track in kaleva mi has after hours street drags on Friday night.
During open time trials you have a chance to race almost anything from station wagons to snowmobiles sport bikes to drag cars. Here should be a link to some of the video.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tdamore

Posted August 14, 2007 - 11:59 PM

Wish we had something like this in CA. I remember LACR used to have something similar back when I was in high school, but that was a couple of decades ago :-)

• Talonboy

Posted August 15, 2007 - 04:49 AM

Have ran a few dirt bikes at the 1/4 mile track in Ubly, Michigan. It is a lot of fun if you go with a group of friends to race with. Take tools and spare parts so you can modify the bike to see what makes it faster. We changed gearing, tires, removed plastics, lowered the bikes, all in an effort to get the best time. From memory my slightly modded 93 XR650L ran 13.70s, my basically stock 98 WR400 ran 13.02. Friends bikes, Stock XR650L, 14.00, highly modded 85 XR600 ran 12.90s, 01 XR650R, 12.90s, 02 KTM 520 12.80s.

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.