Cast wheels for XR650R

5 replies to this topic
  • muttdog

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:04 PM

I am looking to see what other members have done for cast streetbike wheels on their XR R's. I have done some searching and see some posts about cbr wheels but no good info. If anyone has done it or has info on it please let me know. I would like to know about the eligible donor bikes including model and years along with tire sizes used. I have heard about modifying the bearings or making spacers but nothing solid. Also, what about the brake rotors and cush drive. Thanks.

• Frank ZX

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:33 PM

95-98 CBR 600 F3 seem to be the wheels of choice.The are info somewhere on how to put them on a 650R.Try TT or

• ESS

Posted August 15, 2007 - 12:31 AM

Search XR650R cast wheels at There is a whole write up on it. I have a pair of wheels I'll sell you if you want to give it a shot. I ended up just going with 17" spokes. This conversion is for someone who can get cheap machine work done or they (or their friend) own a lathe or mill.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikesbaron

Posted September 23, 2010 - 06:58 PM

I know an old, old thread but...I've got some sweet CBR cast wheels that are bolt-ons for the XRR, now for sale.

• XRandWRRider

Posted September 23, 2010 - 08:15 PM

Wow, you dug up an old one. Think he's still looking after 3 years?

• riding4life162

Posted September 24, 2010 - 12:56 PM

haha, Now thats funny!

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.