Red faced - hope this helps someone

2 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:57 PM

At the risk of publicly humiliating myself here in front of you guys, I thought i'd recount a quick story about my 'jetting' woes and how I fixed them, so someone else doesn't have to go through what I have for the past six months.

About six months ago, all of a sudden, my bike (02 WR426) started running rough and missing in the mid range - which i've noticed is a pretty common issue here.

Got some advice and was told it was probably a worn out emulsifier tube in the carby.

I replaced this and while i was at it bought a JD Jetting kit to totally eliminate the carby.

I've since been right up and down the jetting scale, disconnected the TPS and prayed to no avail, my problem was still there.

Was then told its probably my ignition coil. Tested it - all fine. Now I've found out that my spark plug cap was a lose where it attached to the spark plug lead! I've never had the cap off and didn't even think it was the problem. But it was and now, after six months of stuffing around, i've finally got my bike working again! Look for simple things first!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevinwr450f

Posted August 16, 2007 - 12:46 PM

At the risk of publicly humiliating myself here in front of you guys, I thought i'd recount a quick story about my 'jetting' woes and how I fixed them, so someone else doesn't have to go through what I have for the past six months.

About six months ago, all of a sudden, my bike (02 WR426) started running rough and missing in the mid range - which i've noticed is a pretty common issue here.

Got some advice and was told it was probably a worn out emulsifier tube in the carby.

I replaced this and while i was at it bought a JD Jetting kit to totally eliminate the carby.

I've since been right up and down the jetting scale, disconnected the TPS and prayed to no avail, my problem was still there.

Was then told its probably my ignition coil. Tested it - all fine. Now I've found out that my spark plug cap was a lose where it attached to the spark plug lead! I've never had the cap off and didn't even think it was the problem. But it was and now, after six months of stuffing around, i've finally got my bike working again! Look for simple things first!!!!!

:applause:

• Solo

Posted August 16, 2007 - 02:09 PM

Mine has come loose a few times. I've learned from it and now if the bike changes the way it runs in any way it's the first thing I check.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.