Plastic Gas Tank Repair

2 replies to this topic
  • boondkr1

Posted August 14, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Can anyone suggest a product to repair a hairline crack in the top of a plastic fuel tank?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted August 14, 2007 - 12:26 PM

An RV shop near you may have a fuel tank repair kit. However, I can tell you from experience that this will only be a teporary fix. Over time, it WILL leak again. I have also gone the plastic welder route, but that also failed over time. I ultimately ended up having to go with a new fuel tank, which is the safest thing to do anyway. I was just trying to save a few $$$s.

• brightman

Posted August 14, 2007 - 03:52 PM

we use a product called seal- all,comes in tube and kinda like glue, but have used it on all kinds of plastic, steel, and all kinds of things.have even used it on tractor tanks where gas is leaking out of when u put it on.might want to use a couple of coats and u can useas many coatsas u want ,it is miracle stuff. i wont go antwhere without a tube.i even messed up 1 time and way over filled the 40 gal. water tank on my motorhome,and blew a major crack in the tank and used seal-all and duct tape,coat after coat,and used it for years after that...hope it works for u..and i suggest keeping a tube of on yor bike when riding...its great:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.