xr650r stops...

3 replies to this topic
  • Filber

Posted August 14, 2007 - 11:14 AM

...full choke when cold, after 10 sec i switch i to half choke, then I let i run for half a minute. The problem is when i switch of the choke, the bike blurs and spits, and stops. It doesn´t matter if i drive around for 5 minutes the bike still stops when i kill the choke.

Somebody here who can help me? :bonk:

It´s a 2005 xr650r with 3000 km...

Regards,
Filip (Sweden)

• martinfan30

Posted August 14, 2007 - 12:55 PM

...full choke when cold, after 10 sec i switch i to half choke, then I let i run for half a minute. The problem is when i switch of the choke, the bike blurs and spits, and stops. It doesn´t matter if i drive around for 5 minutes the bike still stops when i kill the choke.

Somebody here who can help me? :bonk:

It´s a 2005 xr650r with 3000 km...

Regards,
Filip (Sweden)

turn up the idle? how about the pilot circuit plugged?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tdamore

Posted August 15, 2007 - 04:43 AM

Sounds like something is up with the pilot circuit. Pull the float bowl and take out your pilot jet and make sure it isn't plugged. While you are in there you may want to replace it with a 68s if you have not already. Also, check that the air screw still has an o-ring attached to it.

• martinfan30

Posted August 15, 2007 - 12:07 PM

this trick works on carbuerated cars. it may work for a bike. hold the rpms up around 4 grand, with the intake tube off. immediately at the same time plug the intake of the carb and let off throttle to idle. the idea is that by closing off the intake and being at idle- there will be large amount of vacuum created in the slow speed circuit, thus hopefully clearing the passages. like i said, it has worked for me on older carbuerated 22r engines.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.