Ehh, blue riders going to Green, whats up??

18 replies to this topic
  • bboyce

Posted August 14, 2007 - 10:55 AM

I looked through posts and did not see this anywhere, but if it is somewhat of a repost, excuse me as I do not have the time to spend hours upon hours verifying.

Anyways, I was in the Kawi forum and found former 700MX's 08 Kawi test...interesting. Read through the topic, some of you have responded over there.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=535077

• WB450

Posted August 14, 2007 - 11:02 AM

That's funny, I was just over there and noticed the same thing. Oh well!

• Climber

Posted August 14, 2007 - 11:25 AM

The ugly green bikes are appealing. Kawi is starting to attract some of the red riders to green. I'm interested, but waiting for a better verdict. I don't think anyone makes blue plastic for the green bikes.

• bboyce

Posted August 14, 2007 - 11:36 AM

Well, I can understand Red to Green, but blue to green, c'mon!

All kidding aside...I wonder if the bike with the most power is what appeals to most. If the bike can break the rear tire loose in any gear, and shread berms without a sweat, I want it. On the other hand, the Yami's are going toward tractable power, somthing previous 2 stroke riders might not like?!

I don't know guys, but Im bewildered :excuseme:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2007 - 12:06 PM

Come on guys the 08 Kawi is a sweet ride......looks like they have fixed most all the motor/suspension kinks with the exception that historically Kawis come with crap components that wear out too darn fast or break to easy.....and this seems to be evident with chainguides, plastic and wheels on the 08. But if I was in the mkt for a 08 this bike at this point....with 08 yami and 08 kawi out, the green machine would be a serious option......well at least that day I added my 2 cents it was:excuseme:

• bboyce

Posted August 14, 2007 - 01:23 PM

Ga, I respect your opinion as well as all others. I am not ragging on the KX at all. I know it is a very fine machine and it has been favored by many riders, which is evident at the track also.

I am most suprised that long time Yami riders, who know about the reliability and great suspension are saying how much money it takes to make the YZ's run right. That doesnt make much sense. Maybe im missing something, but how many KX's can go as long as a YZ top end can? I guess Im just suprised, and happy for you at the same time.

happy riding guys.

• grayracer513

Posted August 14, 2007 - 01:56 PM

The more that go elsewhere, the better. I could care less.

Besides, this will do several good things. It will depress the price and increase the supply of both new and used YZF's, and it will increase the pressure on Yamaha to make further improvements.

• Wiz636

Posted August 14, 2007 - 02:29 PM

The new KXFs are sweet bikes...so are the RMZs, CRFs, SXFs-XCFs, as well as the YZFs. You can't go wrong with any of them...but I like Yamaha.

• King_Air

Posted August 14, 2007 - 02:33 PM

I spoke to one long time YZ rider this weekend that went green. His major reason was pricing and in his opinion the improvements that KX's have seen made the bike workable. As usual Greyracer513 has summed it up well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • railer80

Posted August 14, 2007 - 02:43 PM

i think its mostly because of the rims and graphics, they fall apart ever so easily(iown an 06) andthe DID rims are garbage, after 2 months of racing my bros 07 whell looked like someone beat it up with a hammer

• tommyj

Posted August 14, 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hey, maybe some people are going green cause they just want to become better mechanics:excuseme:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I am most suprised that long time Yami riders, who know about the reliability and great suspension are saying how much money it takes to make the YZ's run right. That doesnt make much sense. Maybe im missing something, but how many KX's can go as long as a YZ top end can? I guess Im just suprised, and happy for you at the same time.

happy riding guys.

You can not argue with yami durability/reliability:thumbsup: .

• grayracer513

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:02 PM

You can't go wrong with any of them...

I'm sorry, I hate that.

• Wiz636

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:33 PM

I'm sorry, I hate that.

C'mon Gray, you're not sorry and you know it! :busted:

• 642MX

Posted August 14, 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'm sorry, I hate that.

I hate that saying too. Sounds like something Jimmy Lewis would say. :crazy:

Anywho, The green bike would not be an option for me. A friend of mine had a rod come thru the bottom of his engine case on his 6 month old KX450. Kawasaki won't help him and now my opinion of Kawasaki has been changed forever. :thumbsdn: Black rims or not, its not an option if the manufacturer won't stand behind it.

I would, however, be tempted to buy a red bike, but with my wife and I both riding, I don't have time for the added maintenance the Honda requires, so we will continue to ride blue bikes. :thumbsup:

• bboyce

Posted August 14, 2007 - 06:41 PM

I believe Red is getting their stuff together in the reliability department. I guess I shouldn't care, but I just found it rather odd that not just one, but a few were saying the exact same things about the green bikes. I don't even know what they did to the bike for 08 because to be honest, I dont care...

I guess if I had the money I wouldn't care as much about how long an engine lasts, or how terrable the suspension is, just send it away to have it done. To bad im not rich, otherwise I would really just "pick a color."

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:42 PM

yamaha 100%. i cant be caught riding a kawi. i could get shot. but i may ride a honda as long as its not mine. Rockers blow

i might ride a rmz just because ricky had won everything on it. and i would get his replica because i support ricky not bubba just my rant hehe:rant:

as for yamaha making changes. I WANT TO SEE IT. maybe a robot that will change my oil and clean my air filter for me ??? oh and a computer chip that can tell me if my valves are close to out of spec or are out of spec! that would rock!
and tell me if my oil needs to be changed. efi would be nice to. and if it came with tracks for the winter/ski and it should come with 17's and racing slicks along with oversized disks and small sprockets.

NOW THATS WORTH 10,000!

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:44 PM

I hate that saying too. Sounds like something Jimmy Lewis would say. :crazy:

Anywho, The green bike would not be an option for me. A friend of mine had a rod come thru the bottom of his engine case on his 6 month old KX450. Kawasaki won't help him and now my opinion of Kawasaki has been changed forever. :thumbsdn: Black rims or not, its not an option if the manufacturer won't stand behind it.

I would, however, be tempted to buy a red bike, but with my wife and I both riding, I don't have time for the added maintenance the Honda requires, so we will continue to ride blue bikes. :thumbsup:

a new engine for a customer ? from a multi billion dollar company and wont hook him up.. thats another reason. i hate kawis

• steve_97060

Posted August 14, 2007 - 09:55 PM

I could switch from a Yamaha to a Honda, but I could never switch to a Kawi or Suzuki... Just goes back to when I started riding years and years ago, something about those 2 brands right or wriong that i just never liked. I will say I have always thought the kawi's looked cool though, just not enough to buy..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.