Help with handguards selection Fastway or Cyrca on 06 XR650R

6 replies to this topic
  • slider BRP

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:24 AM

Wondering if anyone has tryied the fastway handguards and Cycra handguards and what one u liked more. Also concerened with the fit and overall strength. AND are they worth the extra money?? or should i just go with some aluminium bars and bolt on the stock moto guards. If i was to go that rout any brand shown to be better? The bike has been dualsported but will be rode off rode atleast 50% of the time.

Sorry for the spelling.
Thanks for your time

• MikeZ

Posted August 14, 2007 - 06:56 AM

I just put on Cycra guards and they absolutely rock. These are the full bars, not just the deflectors. They were $90 from CycleGear.

Perfect fit with CR-hi bars. Quality product. Looks great.

Nothing really more to say.

-Z

• abby

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:28 AM

What MikeZ said.

I have cycra pro-bends on the stock bars (XR650R). Have taken two major hits on two different occasions and they saved my paws and levers and did not bend and the guards did not move at all. And they completely protect the levers without cutting the levers down to fit. The most recent "test" was a couple weeks ago I clipped a birch tree at speed with the left bar and it immediately dumped me over on the right side on a rock slab, so both sides took a huge hit. Scuffed them up but otherwise perfect.

Can't say the same for the stock bars - I am in the midst of putting on Renthal aluminimum bars, they seem MUCH stronger (definately harder to cut down!). I bent the crap out of the stockers. Although I suppose I would have bent the Renthals too if they were on there...

Haven't tried the other brand you mention, so I can't comment. But I give the cycra's two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slider BRP

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:21 AM

OK i guess scence it does not seem like anyone has anything good to say about fastway i will go with the cycra. thanks guys

• chpxr

Posted August 19, 2007 - 07:35 PM

cycra all the way but get the solution mount and you not have any worries i haven't put them on my xr600r but i have them on my crf450x and they do work great and take lots of abuse
rob

• shreddead

Posted August 21, 2007 - 10:33 PM

Fastway are the more precise hand guards. I wanted to use them, but they did not work with the Scott Stabilizer w/arm going forward. I use the fastway on my KTM. It is a very clean install. The cycra is a more adjustable design that is made to fit many bikes. But, the cycra does not fit my bike well. I was trying to use the front triple clam mounts. The arms seem to be 1/4" short ... so right now I am in Hand guard hell!

• slider BRP

Posted August 23, 2007 - 05:37 AM

do u think that if i got the fastway that were not designed for a stearing stabalizer that i could still put one on the bike and not have a big problem with it

trying to stay as cheap as possible but still get the best bike out of it

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Xr650l Dave's carb mod question by theonenutbandit

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 14 replies
Forums
Photo

85 xr600r camshaft bearing journals by Taylorross

• Hot  56 replies
Forums
Photo

Questions for XR650R rebuild by TJEP

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650R ONLY by jska2636

• Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

2008 Honda xr650L Re-Jetting after Exhaust Modifications by ManFug

• Hot  26 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.