03 yz 450f backfiring, please look

6 replies to this topic
  • dirtman22

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Hey guys, i just installed a Jardine RT 4 exhaust system on my 03 yz 450f and as i had expected there is a pretty bad backfire on the decel. Now im not an expert by any means with the mechanical side of bikes, but i knew that i had to adjust the fuel screw in some way. 1) What kind of bolt is in that hole cause i cant see in there so i dont know what kind of tool to use to adjust it?
2) Which way should i turn it because im trying to make the mixture richer, correct?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• grayracer513

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:58 PM

1) It's a straight slot screw.

2) Out for rich. (it's a fuel screw)

Read:

http://www.thumperta...599#post3710599

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:58 AM

And for any of you that are thinking of posting that i should have searched the forum because there are a million of these threads already u can go to hell because i already looked and none answered my question.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am surprised GreyRacer did not slam you for your stab..... so I will offer my 1.25cents...:prof:
This is not the nice way to ask for advice my friend..........what you are saying applies to oil threads, and oil threads only. I applaud you for making the effort to use the search function and in the future I suggest a different tone:blah:

So use your fuel screw first to see if this helps get rid of the popping, and you may need to rejet for the pipe mj or pj for leaner or richer. Call the pipe company for their recomendations on your bike:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 14, 2007 - 06:17 AM

I am surprised GreyRacer did not slam you for your stab..... so I will offer my 1.25cents...:prof:
This is not the nice way to ask for advice my friend..........what you are saying applies to oil threads, and oil threads only. I applaud you for making the effort to use the search function and in the future I suggest a different tone:blah:

I missed that whilst trying to catch up from being busy all day, but there are a couple of individuals who tend to go off about certain categories of questions. Funny, too, because I think there's actually been more "anybody use a Rekluse?" threads than oil questions. :smirk:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:01 AM

I missed that whilst trying to catch up from being busy all day, but there are a couple of individuals who tend to go off about certain categories of questions. Funny, too, because I think there's actually been more "anybody use a Rekluse?" threads than oil questions. :smirk:

Yep that would be me :p
I am the "ANTI OIL THREAD DICTATOR" an no one forget it.....:eek:

I never read the Rekluse threads....because I see no reason to have one :excuseme:

But you are right lets ban these and "What oil to use" threads also:applause: :applause:

Just kidding.....:banana:

• dirtman22

Posted August 14, 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hey thanks for the help and im sorry for being a little too harsh with the go to hell comment, but lets be honest, i guarantee someone would have posted and gone off about how there are a million other oil threads and that have i ever heard of the search button, and i just didnt want to deal with that.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2007 - 12:08 PM

Hey thanks for the help and im sorry for being a little too harsh with the go to hell comment, but lets be honest, i guarantee someone would have posted and gone off about how there are a million other oil threads and that have i ever heard of the search button, and i just didnt want to deal with that.

you are good ...no mention of oil or rekluse....:applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.