45 replies to this topic
  • KAW450F

TT Silver Member

556 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 07:05 PM

in CycleNews
Rip Tide Death 8/13/2007

The following is from ASV Inventions...

It is with great sorrow that we must report the loss of two of beloved friends and valued employees: Chris Palmer, 24 and Ryan Reid, 22. Both worked as inside sales representatives at ASV Inventions. Chris and Ryan drowned after joining friends for an early morning swim in the ocean Wednesday, August 8, in Huntington Beach north of the pier. Authorities suspect the two young men got caught up in a rip current.

Chris had been with ASV nearly two years, and had previously worked for White Bros. and FMF Racing. Ryan had been with ASV for five months and had previously worked for AC Racing and Huntington Beach Honda. Both young men had a passion for the motorsports industry and ASV. They will be missed by their families, friends, co-workers and the many dealers they worked with everyday. For additional information, news, memorial details and a message board for friends and loved ones to leave their thoughts and prayers for Chris and Ryan, visit the ASV website at www.asvinventions.com

Ryan's Father & riden buddy

• Kicks

TT Bronze Member

232 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:10 PM

So sorry to read of your loss.

Kev

• DRZ04

TT Silver Member

951 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:37 PM

I did not know these young men but as a father my heart goes out to you, your family & friends. God's speed.

• hmbrewr

TT Member

58 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:50 PM

I almost lost my son in March to an auto accident. I thank God everyday I see him walk out his bedroom to face another day. I also think what it would be like if I had lost him. That is something that can't be imagined.

Your loss is far greater than I could know. My deepest prays to you and your family.

• Turd Fergusson

TT Bronze Member

155 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:58 PM

So sorry for your loss and Chris's families loss. My thoughts are with you guys.

• another drz guy

Get Help Now

5,293 posts

Posted August 13, 2007 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, I was going out with a friend to surf that morning. The beach was closed for the morning while the authorities where searching. They where swimming at night so no one say them get taken out. Their friends didn't even see them. People don't realize how dangerous it is. There are bars everywhere! The girls was to go swimming (nude) and then no one comes back from the water. It is a tragedy. My condolences.

• William1
40,331 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:04 AM

I had the opportunity to speak with Ryan a few months ago. Very nice and enthusiastic fellow. Certainly had a passion for motorcycles and such. I had discussed with him the possibilities of making a few parts based on part on existing design. Whereas most companies would tell you "What we have in the catalog is it", Ryan told me he would look into accommodating my request, which he did and provided me with a quote.

He will be missed. My condolences

• Skidder

TT Silver Member

740 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:35 AM

So sorry to here that you lost two good friends. I lost my best friend back in 83 in a dirt bike accident and it hurts to this day. I still think of him probably once a week. I don't dwell on it but once a week something comes up to make me think of him and the great memories we had together and that makes me smile. So think of the good times you had and smile. It helps the hurt.

• aspencop129

TT Addict

3,843 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 04:47 AM

My deepest condolences. I can't begin to know how painful it must be. As others have said, remember to good times. You are in my prayers, Godspeed.

• Eddie Sisneros

Get Help Now

65,457 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:13 AM

Rip Tide Death 8/13/2007

The following is from ASV Inventions...

It is with great sorrow that we must report the loss of two of beloved friends and valued employees: Chris Palmer, 24 and Ryan Reid, 22. Both worked as inside sales representatives at ASV Inventions. Chris and Ryan drowned after joining friends for an early morning swim in the ocean Wednesday, August 8, in Huntington Beach north of the pier. Authorities suspect the two young men got caught up in a rip current.

Chris had been with ASV nearly two years, and had previously worked for White Bros. and FMF Racing. Ryan had been with ASV for five months and had previously worked for AC Racing and Huntington Beach Honda. Both young men had a passion for the motorsports industry and ASV. They will be missed by their families, friends, co-workers and the many dealers they worked with everyday. For additional information, news, memorial details and a message board for friends and loved ones to leave their thoughts and prayers for Chris and Ryan, visit the ASV website at www.asvinventions.com

Ryan's Father & riden buddy

ryan was your son?

sorry for your loss.

god speed ryan and chris, may you pull wheelies for eternity.....

• KAW450F

TT Silver Member

556 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:27 AM

ryan was your son? Yes he is My Boy

Thank You all, I am so proud to know how he will be missed by so many. it really does mean so much to me personaly to know he has this persona about him. Its been a very hard time for me and my wife this past week I hope no one ever has to feel the feelings that come in & out of my head. Im just very proud to be able to say thats My Boy. so for all you fathers, kids have there whole life ahead of them, be apart of it, cherish it forever. you never know it can just be gone in a flash. dont take for granted sorta like I did, make the most of this time together. we have to love them and help them make the right choices and be a mainstay in there lifes. Thank You all for all for the kind words & prayers I know in time everything will be ok, I know hes in a better place now and I also know, I will Ride with My Boy again someday.

I never thought I would be writing anything like this ever.
I am so sad it hurts so bad, everyones words & prayers help us Thank You and God Bless your Families

My heart felt condolences go out to Chris Palmer, I never met my sons friend chris, a true friend til the end. a hero in my Eyes. I will never forget what has happened to these 2 great Kids. I pray for him and his Family & friends

God Bless you all Thank You
Ken Waisbrot Ryan's Proud Father

• zac949

TT Titanium Member

2,229 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 09:02 AM

Wow, this is always so hard when it hits close to home. I heard about this incident on the news but had no idea......Ken, i am so sorry for your loss.i can only imagine how crushed you and your wife are....i just left a message on your answering machine.....feel free to call me when the time is right.....

• zac949

TT Titanium Member

2,229 posts

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Ken, let me know as well about any arrangements/ services....if possible id like to attend and lend support anyway possible.i can help set things up or whatever.

• Eddie Sisneros

Get Help Now

65,457 posts

Posted August 15, 2007 - 03:24 PM

i just talked to ken on the phone.this truly is a tragedy on more than one level.

this post was moved to the memorial by his request.

• ttr125l95

TT Titanium Member

2,634 posts

Posted August 15, 2007 - 03:29 PM

Thank You all, I am so proud to know how he will be missed by so many. it really does mean so much to me personaly to know he has this persona about him. Its been a very hard time for me and my wife this past week I hope no one ever has to feel the feelings that come in & out of my head. Im just very proud to be able to say thats My Boy. so for all you fathers, kids have there whole life ahead of them, be apart of it, cherish it forever. you never know it can just be gone in a flash. dont take for granted sorta like I did, make the most of this time together. we have to love them and help them make the right choices and be a mainstay in there lifes. Thank You all for all for the kind words & prayers I know in time everything will be ok, I know hes in a better place now and I also know, I will Ride with My Boy again someday.

I am so sad it hurts so bad, everyones words & prayers help us Thank You and God Bless your Families

My heart felt condolences go out to Chris Palmer, I never met my sons friend chris, a true friend til the end. a hero in my Eyes. I will never forget what has happened to these 2 great Kids. I pray for him and his Family & friends

dude im so sorry to hear about your kid, my prayers go out to you.

• yzjay

TT Bronze Member

307 posts

Posted August 16, 2007 - 07:11 AM

RIP chris and ryan. you will be missed

• motodad393
813 posts

Posted August 16, 2007 - 11:38 AM

Dear Ken,
First let me express my sincere condolences for your loss. I know exactly how you feel, as I lost my son too on September 22, 2002. It has been 257 weeks and 4 days. We are both fortunate to have the support of many riders and rider organizations.

Please know that you may contact me at any time if you ever want, or need to talk - dad to dad. You are not alone and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. From the things I have read about Ryan - well "he did it right."

With sincerity and sympathy,

Mike Berg
"Motodad393"

• steve_97060

TT Platinum Member

1,700 posts

Posted August 16, 2007 - 01:19 PM

Ken, my condolences to you and your family. You are 100% correct about not taking things for granted, things can change in a heart beat.. 2 months ago my teenage sons girlfriend of a year took her life after a typical teen argument over something minor.. she was lilke a member of our family, it has been devastating to so many people.. It has really made me reevaluate my priorities.. It has made me realize, that no matter what else is going on, the most important thing in life is your family, everything else can be replaced... As hard as it has been on our family, I know what her parents are going thru is unimaginable.. I wish you the best in these difficult times....

• CharlieT

TT Addict

3,036 posts

Posted August 20, 2007 - 03:35 PM

Godspeed, Ryan, Chris.

There isn't much we can say or do to take away pain of what you are feeling now. Hope it is just enough to let you you know that us fathers out here empathize with you and your loss and share our deepest sympathy and condlonces.

• KAW450F

TT Silver Member

556 posts

Posted August 22, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Thank you All for your support:thumbsup: it truly does mean so much to me and my family:applause: again Thank You All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.