White Bros E-series?

16 replies to this topic
  • Double Duece WR

Posted August 13, 2007 - 05:13 PM

Anyone try one? I have found a new one for a good price $165.

• Roostmeifucan

Posted August 13, 2007 - 05:51 PM

e2 with spark arrestor and other thing is dope on my bike!

• Tough Guy

Posted August 13, 2007 - 08:40 PM

I have the E2 and like it. I have the YZ spark arrestor, which has a larger nozzle than the WR. The brushed finish will hold up well without showing a lot of wear and tear too.

Chris

• WH1ZZER

Posted August 14, 2007 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

I've got an E2 on my WR450F, there not very popular in the UK for road use as they are too loud & attract alot of attention from the police.....:busted:

Gives the bike lots of power though along with all the free mods you can do to the bike! :ride:

• byggd

Posted August 14, 2007 - 01:23 PM

Posted Image

I've got an E2 on my WR450F, there not very popular in the UK for road use as they are too loud & attract alot of attention from the police.....:busted:

Gives the bike lots of power though along with all the free mods you can do to the bike! :ride:

Is it like in this picture or the tunable type where you can add and remove discs?

• Double Duece WR

Posted August 14, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Its the one with the disc. I guess its the older style.

• byggd

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:00 PM

It’s a decent system but they tend to be a bit loud. I had one on my 02 wr and I could make it quiet but only by taking it down to 3 discs with the quiet core insert but to get power out of it there needs to be 4 to 6 discs which made it too loud for my liking and the areas I ride. I’ve seen them on used ebay for around $125 so for new the price seems fare.

• Humunn

Posted August 15, 2007 - 06:25 AM

Its the one with the disc. I guess its the older style.

Great pipe but LOUD!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Double Duece WR

Posted August 16, 2007 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the replys. Its on the way. Will I need to jet the carb? Can any ole dummy do that?

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2007 - 12:59 PM

Are you putting it on you 03 wr450? What is your set up now? (jets, exhaust, airbox, etc)

• Double Duece WR

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Stock exhaust, stock jetting, no air box mod.Other free mods have been done. It is a 03 WR450f

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:47 PM

I would install it, open up the air box and see but most likely you will need to re-jet since the jetting is stock. There is a great jetting tutorial in a sticky at the beginning of the forum. It's really not that hard.

• maydog

Posted August 19, 2007 - 07:02 AM

I never had touched a carb in my life and followed the forums directions and jetted it in no time maybe took 45 min. jd jetting kit is easy.

• Double Duece WR

Posted August 21, 2007 - 04:04 AM

Installed Slip-on last night. Is it going to hurt anything to ride with the stock jetting? I rode it for about 10 min. everything seemed fine.

• dr x

Posted August 21, 2007 - 04:20 AM

I would go up one size on your main jet and turn the mix screw out 1/2 a turn.
Better to be safe than sorry...

• Double Duece WR

Posted August 21, 2007 - 05:33 PM

What would happen? How would not changing the jets effect the bike? Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer:excuseme: .

• dr x

Posted August 21, 2007 - 06:25 PM

I'm not an expert on jetting but this is what i know....

If your jetting is to lean your bike will run hotter and not give you max performance.

When your engine gets to hot things start to expand to much i.e. your piston and valves which causes lack of power and more wear...
In extreme situations you can melt holes in your piston and damage your valves dont panic though this does not apply to you as you will only be slightly off with your jetting as you have only changed the exhaust.

Most people want to get maximum performance while still getting the maximum life out of an engine, correct jetting helps you achieve this

Eddie will give you a far better explanation than i can but i hope this helps.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.