sand suspension set up..help?

No replies to this topic
  • bigwake

Posted August 13, 2007 - 04:19 PM

ok..i've tried the suspension forum and they were somewhat helpful..but let me just throw it out there..i ride an 03 yz450..im 255..and i know i should have the suspension revalved to me and so on..i do not have money like that and i just ride for fun on the weekends on roads in the everglades..mostly sand..and i have violent bar shake when riding straight..i have adjusted tire pressure and it had little effect..so i had first had my sag at 4 inches..and the center of gravity was very very high..so i was still squirrely..so some people said i could go above the higher side of 4 inches of sag because i do not jump anything.. its all pretty much flat land..so i put my sag at 6 inches..yes it is a lot..but im a big dude..so when i turned my spring up (lowering the bike)..i sagged more..so my question is..without buying the stiff spring..or steering damper..or revalving..or anything like that..is there ANY way to at least make my rear suspension hold me decently?..when i made my sag at 6 inches today i had already made 4 clicks H on the bottom adjustor on the shock..and all the way stiff on the top adjustor clicker..and then i turned that big bolt on the top of the shock..i think its high comp...?..and i hopped up and down on it more than i would ever hit while riding..and it seemed stiff towards the bottom of the stroke..but it still had some room to go down there....i wondered if i was bottoming out?..it really did not feel like it..the front forks feel fine for me..they actually were too stiff when i had put the top adjustors 4 clicks H..so i backed them out and started from the original spot..so does anyone have anything to add?...like how i should set my adjustors to be decent?..because i am not looking for a pro tuned race machine..i am content with the stock stuff and cannot spend more money on it..so if anyone has any suggestions just let me know..i would appriciate it..just to make the suspension tollerable..thanx-josh:ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.